Esteemed Contributor

Blood pressure monitor

[ Edited ]

Years back, I bought a cuff BP monitor and I like it, but DH thinks we need one of the arm type.  He doesn't feel the cuff is as accurate. 

I think it's OK, but willing to get another monitor.  Neither of us has high BP, but his is borderline at times. 

If anyone has any recommendations, please share.  I did search, but it would be good to hear real life usage from someone.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I have had several over the years.  The one we have now is an OMRON.  It is model # BP786N. It's the best one we have ever had. It was more expensive but it's been worth it. DH says he's not sure, but he thinks we paid between $90 to $100 for it. I personally think the "arm type" works much better.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

Years back, I bought a cuff BP monitor and I like it, but DH thinks we need one of the arm type.  He doesn't feel the cuff is as accurate. 

I think it's OK, but willing to get another monitor.  Neither of us has high BP, but his is borderline at times. 

If anyone has any recommendations, please share.  I did search, but it would be good to hear real life usage from someone.

Thanks.

coincidence

I just ordered one from Amz returning as it was in accurate/ inconsistent  for MrJ, 

so following

have the highest one rated on in my cart

Respected Contributor

Omron is the brand my Doctor recommended !!!

Honored Contributor

I have had Reli On for the last 10 years, wrist type, seems to be very accurate, even my doc thinks so, I take it with me when I see her. This is Walmart's own brand, but it is made by Omron. 

Honored Contributor

I've had high BP for many years and my Dr. instructed me to avoid the wrist type because they're not accurate.

I bought the Reli On and my Dr. had me bring it in to verify it's accuracy, compared to the office's BP monitors.

It was very accurate.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Blood pressure monitor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I've had high BP for many years and my Dr. instructed me to avoid the wrist type because they're not accurate.

I bought the Reli On and my Dr. had me bring it in to verify it's accuracy, compared to the office's BP monitors.

It was very accurate.

My husband's dr. told him the same thing.  The cuff would read lower than the arm cuff.

Honored Contributor

Re: Blood pressure monitor

[ Edited ]

I have an Omron that I purchased from Amazon (Platinum Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BP5450).  It runs on battery or direct current,  not rechargeable.  It can store readings for two people.  I believe it’s reliable. Cost was right around $75

Honored Contributor

I find my wrist monitor to be very accurate, I cant use the arm type, I have severe White Coat Syndrme and when I see that cuff coming at me, my BP soars, even at home. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all.

I'm thinking about an OmRon model, but will let DH pick so he cannot blame me if he doesn't like it Cat LOL

I'll be interested to see if it gives different readings that the wrist monitor.

We both laughed and said we never imagined sitting taking our BP when we were in our early 30s.