Super Contributor

I'll try to be delicate about describing this, wondering if anyone else has this issue. I noticed yesterday and especially this morning, I have the urge to urinate,sometimes a strong urge. When I get to the bathroom and go, it's only a tiny bit, although I initially felt I needed to go a lot. It's only 8:00 , and I've had to go 6 times already this morning. What's going on? If it continues, I will go see a Dr., but curious if this is common. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Bladder infection?

Honored Contributor

@nanny24 .....I do not think this is 'common'....my niece was not feeling good she went to the doctor and had a nasty UTI....nothing to mess with.

Respected Contributor

Sure sounds like uti, urinary tract infection. Can be treated easily. Left alone it can be very serious. Go to MD.

Valued Contributor

I've had bladder issues since I had a huge cyst on a fallopian tube back in my late 30s.   I have to wear a pad 24/7 and I'm almost 65 now. 

My blood pressure medication makes me go more frequently as well as caffeine. There are times if I have an appointment in the city - about an hour away - that I skip my morning coffee as I can't make it all the way in without stopping. 

I'm also sure that my obesity contributes to the issue.......but I wasn't obese when it began. 

Respected Contributor

Interestingly .. i have had a UtI with no pain ....

Super Contributor

ok, I looked up the symptoms,and that could be it, however that is the only symptom I have. No pain at all. Thank you for your responses, gives me something to go on. I always know I can receive some good advice from you sweet ladies. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You need to go to your doctor.  They will take a sample and more than likely do a dip test in the office.  If you test positive for a UTI, they will give you an antibiotic.  Your specimen will be sent out to a lab for further testing to determine what type of bacteria is causing the infection.  If your antibiotic needs to be changed based on the bacteria found, it will be changed.

You should also drink tons and tons of water to flush your system.  But do not let this go because if it is a UTI, it can get worse.  Whatever you do, do not take anything over the counter like AZO before going to your doctor because that interfers with the test.

Esteemed Contributor

drink cranberry juice also!

Respected Contributor

Had no pain at all with my last bladder infection. My Dr. says it is common for those who are older to have them frequently.  Antibiotics are known to destroy the good bacteria if taken too often, however.