Super Contributor

Black Bean Noodles at Costco

A lady was providing samples of these noodles at Costco a couple days ago. Explore Asian Gluten Free Organic black Bean Spaghetti. They are actually 92% organic black beans and 8% water! They are almost black in color. She just tossed a tad of balsamic vinegar on them.

I have been experimenting adding black beans to brownie recipes, so these caught my eye. It looks like you could make a very pretty salad with these, as pictured on the box, with brightly colored slivered veggies added. They come from Australia, and take 7-8 minutes to cook. - Bird

Super Contributor

Re: Black Bean Noodles at Costco

Did you sample and how did they taste? I like the fact that you can sample things at Costco before you make a purchase.

Super Contributor

I eat these all the time and love them. However, my parents don't have the "earthy" taste buds I have, and they hated them. Also, they are made from black soy beans, which the company tries to downplay. I'm fine with a little soy in my diet, but for those that aren't, it could be a problem. They are worth trying though, as I said, I love them.

Honored Contributor

so soy beans not ""black"" beans?

Contributor

The ones at my Costco were black beans NOT soy beans. They were good- but very expensive per serving.

Super Contributor

Feel free to call the company - they are black soybeans, not regular black beans. The label says black beans, but the protein grams didn't make sense to me. Black soybeans are really healthy, but I wish the company would be more transparent.

Trusted Contributor

Excessive consumption of soy is NOT healthy as it can compromise your thyroid function, ESPECIALLY if you have an underactive thyroid.

Super Contributor

HappyLiz, Thanks for the heads up about the black SOY beans! I use very little soy in our diet, but it's good to know. I fear GMO soy, so at least this product is organic, non-GMO.

karlam, I don't notice an odd flavor, but our taste buds are all different. I don't like the flavor of soy milk at all, esp when it is heated, but these noodles had a nice texture and it seemed to me, almost no flavor. - Bird

Super Contributor

Ah, bad news. Baaaaaad news. The noodles are from China. Sorry, my eyes are bad. DH just read the full label for me. We aren't even going to feed them to the chickens. They are going in the trash! - Bird

Valued Contributor

Costco takes returns!