Respected Contributor

@NickNack yes I understand.  I'm going through it right now too.  Got some stressful news last week and a day later woke up with my tongue feeling swollen and sore again with jaw soreness and a bit of swelling.  Ugh.  

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde's article is very good. I am an epilepsy patient and though seizures are controlled by medication, sometimes I think I've "grown out of it." I stop taking medicine and have a nocturnal seizure. The only way I know it's happened is because I've bitten my tongue. Then onto the medicine again!

Honored Contributor

Re: Biting My Tongue

[ Edited ]

Could be from how you're responding to stress, just like other weird stuff we do without realizing it.

I can recommend Edy's yummy frozen fruity 'Outshine" pops, especially the pomegranate and mango ones.  ;-)

Very soothing - and sometimes numbing - to the tongue. 

Respected Contributor

It just happens.

No need to find the reason or diagnose it.

Honored Contributor

I have had to go get a tooth "shaved down" before, dentist said the eye teeth, I guess wear down and it changed the bite.  Have the jaws checked, stress while you sleep can be a part of this too.  They do have things to wear to bed to help keep it all aligned. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack

Hi NickNack,

Given that this condition had a sudden onset and has been continuing without any sign of letting up, it's time for a neruo consult to rule out myoclonic (waking) seizure and a number of other things.

Don't get scared about this, but please know that the situation really does require the attention of a professional at this time.

Best of luck to you.