Honored Contributor

Re: Bill Gates scary pandemic prediction...

@Carmie wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I’ve seen too many articles calling Obesity a pandemic issue. 

There are no evil terrorists behind it or ‘season’ like the flu.

In fact, the benign nature of food & emotion is the

’wolf in sheep’s clothing’ which is making the World sick.

And with obesity, there’s diabetes & heart disease around the corner.

Skinny, average and fat...we are all going to die...just not at once. Obesity has been around forever, it’s not a new thing and it will never be conquered unless we run out of food and starve, which has happened before.

Nope.

Obesity hasn’t been ‘around forever’.

Cultures where obesity, heart disease, diabetes was unheard of are now

beginning to see the result of bad nutrition.  Just the term of

‘Adult Onset Diabetes’ Is no longer ‘adult’. The fatty, processed

Western diet is killing so many around the World....a long, slow,

painful death due to our advancement of medicine.  

It’s so sad bad nutrition is considered acceptable. 

Honored Contributor

I can see the possibility of something like this happening, based on the recent flu season.   Whether it’s a yearly flu shot, or staying current with basic vaccinations, the percentage of us who stay on top of this, fall sort in comparison to the overall numbers of those who do not.  

I made sure my 83 year old mother had a T-DAP shot several years ago.   She was shocked to hear she needed to maintain certain vaccines for her lifetime; she always thought the shots were just for children.   

My family lost 4 babies to the 1918 influenza outbreak.   

Esteemed Contributor

I have enough on my emotional plate already. It’s not that I don’t believe that a pandemic can happen. It’s just that I can do nothing about it at this point. I know that our government is slow to react, we usually do something after we see the danger. It may be too late but, for today, I shall worry about more immediate problems.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I’ve seen too many articles calling Obesity a pandemic issue. 

There are no evil terrorists behind it or ‘season’ like the flu.

In fact, the benign nature of food & emotion is the

’wolf in sheep’s clothing’ which is making the World sick.

And with obesity, there’s diabetes & heart disease around the corner.

Skinny, average and fat...we are all going to die...just not at once. Obesity has been around forever, it’s not a new thing and it will never be conquered unless we run out of food and starve, which has happened before.

Nope.

Obesity hasn’t been ‘around forever’.

Cultures where obesity, heart disease, diabetes was unheard of are now

beginning to see the result of bad nutrition.  Just the term of

‘Adult Onset Diabetes’ Is no longer ‘adult’. The fatty, processed

Western diet is killing so many around the World....a long, slow,

painful death due to our advancement of medicine.  

It’s so sad bad nutrition is considered acceptable. 

You are wrong.  Study ancient history.  Many, if not most of the mummy’s discovered in Egypt and other parts of the world were obese.  These people had the means to be preserved and they had the means to eat very well too.

Modern scans of ancient mummies from 3500 years ago show that these people had heart disease and clogged arteries and they died from heart attacks and strokes.

Heart disease and diabetes and obesity were never unheard of.  These diseases have been killing people since the beginning of time.

There are also recent studies that overweight, but not obese people over the age of 70 tend to live longer than thin or normal weight people.  Those extra pounds are a good thing.  The studies were done in Canada and Australia.

Honored Contributor

I was so sick last year with the flu @RedTop even with the shot, I was paranoid about getting it this year

I really think that pandemics can't be  over estimated, as far as prevention goes

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  doobdoo was someone that honestly worried about the potential danger of the ignorance of science displayed . She was afraid for posters who were so eager to be well they would throw common sense ,and caution ,to the wind ,and fare  far worse because of it

Doobdoo was one of the fairest and kindest posters  we had

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

@Trinity11  doobdoo was someone that honestly worried about the potential danger of the ignorance of science displayed . She was afraid for posters who were so eager to be well they would throw common sense ,and caution ,to the wind ,and fare  far worse because of it

Doobdoo was one of the fairest and kindest posters  we had

Hi @cherry. My posts are being deleted every time I answer ... No explanation why, just deleted. They are disappearing.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  Just a suggestion.  You might not want to tap the reply button on the bottom  of someone else comments.  If their comments are deleted, everyone who replied to that comment will have their comments deleted too. 

Try to use the reply button above the OP’s first comment and see if that helps.

Your comments are always interesting and I enjoy reading what you post.

i hope that works for you.

Honored Contributor

We just got in from mass @Trinity11 so I haven't been here. I think someone might be hitting the report button, because, you tell the truth

Honored Contributor

I'm more concerned about over population.