Trusted Contributor
What is your favorite mask? I have several but was thinking of getting one that you wear around your back and you pull it up over your face. There are several brands like this. I will be traveling to see my daughter and granddaughter so I will be wearing for hours on a plane. Any suggestions? thank you
Honored Contributor

@KCDiva  I don't have any that string around my back but I do have several that string around the back of my head.  They are reversible, come in various colors, triple cloth & by Levi's.  For me they are the most comfortable.  When driving around town, I can undo the bottom straps.

All of my masks are my "best masks/favorite."  The medical pleated ones I wear around my building.  I have them in 3 colors - blue, pink & yellow.  I also keep a pack in my car as a backup (Plan B).

My cloth masks I wear when out & about town.  I have many colors to match what I have on.  If I have to pick a favorite, it would be my reversible masks.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I don't usually wear a mask for prolonged periods of time, as you will on your flight. I've got several different kinds of masks, but don't think I've seen the one you mentioned. I like the Vera Bradley masks. They come in pretty patterns, are washable and have a pocket where you can insert a thin charcoal filter that you can buy from VB orAmazon. They're made in China, so I always wash them in a mesh bag on the delicate cycle and line dry them before I wear them. 

Respected Contributor

Just  bought FIrm Grip at Home Depot and they are washable. They come in a box of 16 for $39. I like that they are a triple layer and very comfortable. They also don't hurt the ears with their straps. 

Valued Contributor

We have a few different kinds.

The one I like the most is one I purchased from the company that I purchase my compression stockings. (I have had a DVT in the past and must wear a strong medical grade compression on that leg each day).

The company is Ames Walker.

I bought one for my mother (who is 87) I think that is the one that she likes to wear when she is out as well.

I hope you are able to find one that is comfortable and works well for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Given the latest data, I no longer will wear a bandana or a gaiter but I have many others and in Summer Old Navy are my favs (cute, comfortable and breathable, also cheap).

Respected Contributor

The one that I have that the strings go on the back of your head instead of your face is from Los Angeles Apparels.  I have not worn them for hours on end, so I don't know how comfortable they are for hours. (I only go on short errands to the store with masks so far). Another one that I 

Esteemed Contributor

@KCDiva   Are you talking about a bandana type?  Tommie Copper sells those.  I have a couple of cloth ones from Flag Shirt, a USA based company that makes the masks here.

They have filters and are hand washable.  I like them alot, Mine are blue and white with American flag stars.  I actually learned of this company on these forums.  I do alternate with disposable masks.   

Respected Contributor

The one that's the cheapest.

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Given the latest data, I no longer will wear a bandana or a gaiter but I have many others and in Summer Old Navy are my favs (cute, comfortable and breathable, also cheap).

@patbz That's it the gaiter. I was going to buy one of those. Did you find that they are not that safe? That's what I was wondering.