Honored Contributor

Re: Benadryl Age Restrcted by Walmart

I wasn't aware of that but I do understand it.  I too Benadryl as a sleep aid for a year or so. It would knock me out and I didn't wake up until the alarm clock went off in the morning.

Respected Contributor

...also cigarettes.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess Good point about energy drinks readily available. I know the parent of a teenager who is an honor student. The teen son had a heart attack from consuming too many energy drinks.

Respected Contributor

They check ID on all cold/flu meds.  When I was super sick in December, it annoyed me to death because #1--I didn't feel like being in the grocery store any way, #2--I clearly look older than 18.

I've even been carded when I bought a weight set.

Honored Contributor

i have heard "responsible adults" brag about giving their babies or toddlers or young children benadryl just to get them to go to sleep......and they are not even sick!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I purchased nail polish remover at Walmart and had to give my age. I guess kids sniff it or something. BTW, I'm 71.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli when you say carded, do they just look at your card or do they take it?  The reason I ask is that anything with pseudoephedrine in it they are supposed to keep a list to make sure someone isn't buying large quantities.  It's not about age.  That's the whole reason they moved it behind the pharmacy counter besides the fact that the people making meth were probably just stealing all of it  they could grab.  That's also the reason sudafed changed from pseudoephedrine to another drug which isn't as effective.  You can get THAT Sudafed OTC.  

Honored Contributor

Sudafed has been like that for years now. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@DrKelli when you say carded, do they just look at your card or do they take it?  The reason I ask is that anything with pseudoephedrine in it they are supposed to keep a list to make sure someone isn't buying large quantities.  It's not about age.  That's the whole reason they moved it behind the pharmacy counter besides the fact that the people making meth were probably just stealing all of it  they could grab.  That's also the reason sudafed changed from pseudoephedrine to another drug which isn't as effective.  You can get THAT Sudafed OTC.  

@Icegoddess 

i am not dr kelli, but they actually swipe my drivers license if i purchase anything with pseudophedrine. they dont just look at it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My grocery store, pharmacy, and doctor all have my birthdate in their system.