Trusted Contributor

Re: Benadryl Age Restrcted by Walmart

I actually have a sleep disorder..My doctor wanted to try a non addicting medication to help with sleep.  So I tried Benadryl.  I found out I have the opposite effect...it makes me very hyper.  No sleep for me. 

Respected Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

I actually have a sleep disorder..My doctor wanted to try a non addicting medication to help with sleep.  So I tried Benadryl.  I found out I have the opposite effect...it makes me very hyper.  No sleep for me. 

If things have the opposite effect, could a cup of coffee make you sleepy? 

Esteemed Contributor

No personal info required in NYS to buy items mentioned here.   Might be a state law.  (sinus meds, etc)

Honored Contributor

@On It    Do they actually check that the date you give is totally accurate?  I doubt they do.   When they are just checking because there's some ruling about selling to minors, all they need is for us to acknowledge we're not one.   I know that - but a year or two or a few days off?  I just don't offer a ridiculous number.  Never had a refusal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

The problem I'm having with all this drug usage is we are penalized in some way such as your example 

What really irritates me is our telephone numbers will most likely be sent to the U.S. government, and they are sent when buying allergy decongestants used to make meth by druggies.  

It's none of the government's business what allergy meds we use.  

@Foxxee   

You are correct, but the red flags are in place for UNUSUAL QUANTITIES purchased by ... anyone.  

Not sure what drugs or quantities are needed to run a meth lab (for instance) but not all criminals try to buy their ingredients themselves. 

They have people buy things for them to build up a supply, and pay them something for their trouble.  For some elderly, it's a way to make a quick buck that seems "harmless".  It's not harmless, but it happens all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

The problem I'm having with all this drug usage is we are penalized in some way such as your example 

What really irritates me is our telephone numbers will most likely be sent to the U.S. government, and they are sent when buying allergy decongestants used to make meth by druggies.  

@Foxxee 

The last couple of years are a pretty good indication that everything will be their business. You heard about Digital Cash?  If not, might want to check it out. It is just as it sounds, and guess who will have access, and maybe even control over it! 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

The last couple of years are a pretty good indication that everything will be their business. You heard about Digital Cash?  If not, might want to check it out. It is just as it sounds, and guess who will have access, and maybe even control over it! 

hckynut 🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

Yes.

You probably know banks must report to the government when we take $10,000 out of the bank at one time.  If money is transferred to another account, to a CD, given to a member of the family, for example,...you name it.  

Another way the govt sticks it's nose into our affairs...If we have not logged on to an online bank account in a year, the bank has to report it inactive.  The govt then confiscates it.  I don't know all the details, but what gall they have.  

More than likely, the bank would warn us first.  

I understand it's to keep track of drug money movement.  There's those drugs again...and where are they coming from?  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@On It    Do they actually check that the date you give is totally accurate?  I doubt they do.   When they are just checking because there's some ruling about selling to minors, all they need is for us to acknowledge we're not one.   I know that - but a year or two or a few days off?  I just don't offer a ridiculous number.  Never had a refusal.

They probably ask for ID if the customer looks lie they could be underage.  But not if the customer can't possibly be underage.  

Respected Contributor

if you have a birth certificate, the gov't already knows your age. (income tax forms, etc.) too.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

hckynut 🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

Yes.

You probably know banks must report to the government when we take $10,000 out of the bank at one time.  If money is transferred to another account, to a CD, given to a member of the family, for example,...you name it.  

Another way the govt sticks it's nose into our affairs...If we have not logged on to an online bank account in a year, the bank has to report it inactive.  The govt then confiscates it.  I don't know all the details, but what gall they have.  

More than likely, the bank would warn us first.  

I understand it's to keep track of drug money movement.  There's those drugs again...and where are they coming from?  

I don't believe a lot of it can't be stopped.  

@Foxxee 

Most people have absolutely no idea how serious the money laundering situation is in this country .... and how creative money launderers can be.