Frequent Contributor

Re: Been reading a book on giving up sugar.

I quit sugar as well. I am a proud label reader now (lol) and I use Sweetleaf Stevia drops in my coffee (chocolate and english toffee) I get mine on Amazon. the stuff you find at walmart has added stuff to it....read your ingredients list. I also drink unsweetened green tea, oolong tea and water with sliced lemons. I eat clean, lots of fresh baby spinach, baby kale, and other fresh veggies. you have to check the ingredients list to see if sugar or a sugar sub has been added. I have found "no sugar added" bacon (Gwatney) and "no sugar added" sausage (Williams). I food prep on Sundays ...this week its: boiled eggs and bacon for breakfast, grill chicken for my lunches (grilled chicken salads); Chili for supper (muir fire roasted tomatoes has no added sugar). or a grilled steak with roasted brocolli, onions and brussell sprouts with EVOO. I have a few nuts and sometimes a fruit during the day and I also drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water every day. I do not eat starches or alot of carbs (no bread, pasta, corn or potatoes) Every now and then I will have Ezekiel bread (found at Publix in the frozen section). I started out making small changes in 2012 and now this is my way of life. I dont crave the processed stuff. I dont want it. I dont miss it. sugar is addictive. I have went from a size 18/20 to a size 6. On occasion I will have a treat...but its really not good to me anymore...plus it makes my tummy hurt. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

One has to change the way they think about food... eat to live....not live to eat.

Respected Contributor

Wow, addicted said (edited to add your name) I have went from a size 18/20 to a size 6.

I cannot imagine how much better you must feel having made so many positive changes to your life.

To your health {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 bonnielu said:

Plain and simple, I dumped the sugar including the artificial version and lost 20 pounds. I probably get some in products but at least I am not adding it.

I will make one comment since you all are probably saying why is she avoiding the sugar substitutes. I will tell you... they are sweet and they set me up for wanting more and for craving more food. I cannot explain it but sweet is sweet and I am a bit of an addict. I have been off for over 3 months and I am feeling really good.

This answers what I told someone above, that I'd read. I have not missed my diet cola and it's been 2 weeks.

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 minkbunny said:

Wow, I have went from a size 18/20 to a size 6.

I cannot imagine how much better you must feel having made so many positive changes to your life.

To your health {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Bravo to you too!!! Fabulous!!!(Addicted2Q). I agree with Minkbunny.