Super Contributor

Re: Beauty Take.......of Sort

((((((((((Ford)))))))))) I wish I lived near you because I think we would have a lot of fun together. I read your posts about some of your neighbor ladies and no surprise there. No matter how hard you are on yourself, you are clearly a beauty. The time you posted your photo, it was clear that you retained your looks and you will always be beautiful...

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks ladies for your great posts!

Harpa - yes, I must always remember to do things for me when it comes to grooming and even hygiene. Even the walk is something I will look at as a reward. I am the one who has to value ME.

Jersey Born - Maybe I should look at if I am bored with all the fruitless worrying or efforts. I know others bore me with their chasing after the 'look' or products. Good points you made. As I do the volunteer work, yard/gardening, music, etc. I will look for a more challenging endeavor to keep my thoughts on helping others and situations.

Serenity4ever - Actually Paulina Porizkova is/was/happens to be my favorite model. I will look at her take. She's been a beauty at every age.

Ford - Thanks. Didn't know you had limited time. I know what you mean in your last paragraph. I too view items on the television and know I don't need those and they won't change things for me. I have to admit, it's nice not to want those things or spend time thinking about them.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2014 serenity4ever said:

((((((((((Ford)))))))))) I wish I lived near you because I think we would have a lot of fun together. I read your posts about some of your neighbor ladies and no surprise there. No matter how hard you are on yourself, you are clearly a beauty. The time you posted your photo, it was clear that you retained your looks and you will always be beautiful...

Thanks serenity, but that was a couple of years ago. I have aged considerably since then. Osteoporosis has completely changed my figure, and prednisone has destroyed my bones and teeth. Not pretty anymore . . . but again, thank you.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

On 4/1/2014 Ford1224 said:

Thanks serenity, but that was a couple of years ago. I have aged considerably since then. Osteoporosis has completely changed my figure, and prednisone has destroyed my bones and teeth. Not pretty anymore . . . but again, thank you.

Ford, I am sure the "essence" of who you are is still there. I read your posts here and I can "see" you and I am sure your daughters still "see" you as you were. That's where having children is such a gift. {#emotions_dlg.wub}And although I understand about how the photos were taken two years ago, don't let it get you down. You are still you and always will be...... Smile

Honored Contributor

Ford, I am sure the "essence" of who you are is still there. I read your posts here and I can "see" you and I am sure your daughters still "see" you as you were. That's where having children is such a gift. {#emotions_dlg.wub}And although I understand about how the photos were taken two years ago, don't let it get you down. You are still you and always will be...... Smile

You are a sweet person, serenity, you made me feel good today.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

You are a sweet person, serenity, you made me feel good today.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Thank you, Ford. You have no idea how good you made me feel once when you were talking about your daughters. I related very much to something you had posted.

I hope each and every day brings you more comfort with your RA.