Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee  Ok I am gonna give this a go!  I needed to order my Carlson K2 supplement from amazon so I thought why not give the bamboo a try.  I just hope it doesn't do that increased urination thing to me LOL!  Will post a update in a few months.

@tsavorite I've never heard that before...about the urination thing. Good luck with it and hope you see some benefits.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Hi I have another question....should I be taking this with food? or not?  I haven't even opened the bag up yet....do you store yours in the bag it came in or a container like lock&lock??

Thanks!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee  Hi I have another question....should I be taking this with food? or not?  I haven't even opened the bag up yet....do you store yours in the bag it came in or a container like lock&lock??

Thanks!

@tsavorite,

You can take it with or w/o food. It mixes easily into liquids but it tends to settle a bit so you end up stirring it. Otherwise it's just fine that way. I store mine at room temp in a medium-sized spice jar with one of those snap open lids that has a large enough opening to accommodate a measuring spoon. The bamboo powder is really light and fluffy. I find this is the easiest way for me to use the powder without spilling it. Don't put either container in the fridge because condensation might occur. Room temp only.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  thank you for all your help!!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee, thank you for mentioning the bamboo silica.  I started taking it around 2 weeks ago and I am not sure if it is this addition or just the cycle of my hair but it feels like I am losing less hair.  I would have never taken this as I am trying not to take a whole lot of stuff, but this has been worth it so far.  Even mentally it has made me feel better.  I have been taking a concoction from my doctor the last two years that I am not so sure is helping and it is very expensive but I havent been able to cut the cord with it just yet. Sure, it makes it grow faster and I see new hair growth but not in the places i would like and it seems it is just making the hair that is there just grow out faster.  But I dont know so I am sticking with that for now as well. Right now I am too scared to just stop it.  I am keeping my fingers crossed this silica is helping and not just a fluke.

In any case, I dont find this tasteless but I have minimized the taste by using it in a 16 oz water bottle and shaking it vigorously.  It is fine that way and an easy way to incorporate it in my every day. I can see if it is put in something like juice or smoothie or whatnot, it would be tasteless. I have only used it in water so far.

Thanks ladies for this thread and the recommendations along the way. To put it mildly, hair loss just isnt pleasant.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies,

I'm glad to see that the bamboo powder might be helping with your hair! That's wonderful. I know for me it has brought back the healthy shine and flexibility I had when I was younger. I will never stop taking it! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I ordered Bamboo Extract from Swanson 2-3 weeks ago and began taking it. Since I already have fairly long hair I'm just looking to keep more of it and enjoy other benefits mentioned here.

I'll update as things progress.

Trusted Contributor

I got my order from amazon too. Too early to say anything, my bathroom floor will be a good indicator I guess. This with marine collagen & phytoceramides hopefully should solve my hair issues. 

Respected Contributor

I have been using my bamboo supplement since mid june.  I can't say that I have noticed anything different yet.  I will give it another 2 months to see if I notice improvements.

Honored Contributor

been using bamboo extract for about 2 months and my finger nails are growing as well as my hair.will use it up and re evaluate again.