Respected Contributor

@mishka14 wrote:

Anyone have or had a Baker's cyst behind your knee?  What did you do for it? 

Mine was large so I had surgery to remove it.

Trusted Contributor

I think this is what I have. Worse in my left knee. I know I have osteoarthris in both knees. I have been doing a lot of high-impact workouts that include jumping, running, etc.. This issue been going on for several months. I think it's due to the impact, so I've stopped/lowered that part. Still hurts to bend my knee completely back. Feels like there is something there empeding it. I think I've flared up both knees and it just need to get the inflammation back down.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

I think this is what I have. Worse in my left knee. I know I have osteoarthris in both knees. I have been doing a lot of high-impact workouts that include jumping, running, etc.. This issue been going on for several months. I think it's due to the impact, so I've stopped/lowered that part. Still hurts to bend my knee completely back. Feels like there is something there empeding it. I think I've flared up both knees and it just need to get the inflammation back down.

You will feel a bump behind your knee if there was a cyst.  I am finally going to the doctors tomorrow to have it looked at.  When checking the internet, it could also be a blood clot.  I'm so nervous.