Honored Contributor

i would pay anything for a fix but mine is just age related and I just need readers...or do I.i have a new toaster and thought there was something wrong with the settings screen until my DH discovered that I hadn't removed the plastic protective coating,I have a friend who thought she was shaving her legs daily until she was asked why she wasn't...she didn't see that the cover was still on the razor....I have to say though that my house always looks clean and most people don't have any wrinkles!

Esteemed Contributor

Your post made me laugh.  We've all done something similar due to poor vision.  I had the heat set to around 80 and thought I had put it at 60!

There are surgical procedures you can do to "fix" aging eyes, but they are pricey.  A friend of mine had lenses implanted and it's a permanent fix, but the price per eye was $4,000+.

I decided it was cheaper to wear readers!

Respected Contributor

my eyes are really bad.  i wish i could get mine "fixed" . i have to wear +275 readers even to drive and watch TV. i have them in evry room

and the glasses don't stay on !  the other day i was cleaning the bathrooms and my cheepy glasses slid off my nose into the toilet i was scrubbing

Super Contributor

I can't wear my glasses in the shower, and don't usually put them back on until after I comb out my hair, apply deodorant and put on my undies  Since I'm operating blind during that time,  I'm guilty of spraying my underarms with Febreeze.   I've changed to roll-on so I can't get that confused again!

Honored Contributor

I was almost 70 when I had miraculous surgery. I'd been told for years that it couldn't be done, yet when I found the right doctor it all seemed to go easily.

If you're not satisfied, continue to search for a solution.

It's NEVER TOO LATE.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

I was almost 70 when I had miraculous surgery. I'd been told for years that it couldn't be done, yet when I found the right doctor it all seemed to go easily.

If you're not satisfied, continue to search for a solution.

It's NEVER TOO LATE.

Did you have lenses implanted?   

If not, please explain the type of surgery you had.  I'd love to speak to the local eye surgeon about it.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

gee, @dex, did you post make me laugh!  

Recently, i thought I was looking ok for my age.....until I was cleaning the mirror & got an up close w/my glasses on & thought "good gravy!  what happened here!"  LOL. 😜

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Frequent Contributor

@dex, I know loss of vision and even decrease in vision is serious and very scary. I wasn't expecting to laugh when I read the title, but once I read the post, did I ever! I've had some pretty significant vision changes during the past three years due to an autoimmune condition, and wish my vision was as good as it was before. It has caused sadness at times, but it feels great to be  able to laugh about some things I've done due to the changes. Thanks for the laugh. I also enjoyed comments from the other posters as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the laughs  ladies .  I hear ya!!! ..........  lol      Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@dex

Since asking a woman's age is generally a "NO-NO", I will take another route.

Worked 33 years in a manufacturing plant where heavy safety glasses, with side shields to increase the weight, and I did not need glasses. Most of that time it was 100°+ temps. Talk about trying to keep glasses on your nose. For over 25 of those years I did not need glasses as my vision was close to 20-20.

Then came the cheaters, which translated into bi-focal, which translated into even heavier safety glasses. Then my distance sight slipped away, which translated into tri-focals, both safety glasses and my own glasses.

Waited till I was of Medicare age and then since I was diagnosed with cataracts that qualified under Medicare, I chose to have the surgery on both eyes.

When with a Multi-focal lens in my Left eye, that way I never would need any glasses in the future. I paid $1700 out of my pocket, as Medicare only pays for the Mono-focal iol lens. Best money I've ever spent. Had a Mono-focal iol put in my Right eye, and now? No more glasses other than my good for the eyes sunglasses?

If you are age qualified and cataracts are part or totally your vision problem?  

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)