Honored Contributor

Re: Bad experience with my mamo

@cherry wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  I am highly allergic to cats. I knew right off what it was...Once you have had them you know, when they are triggered

She might have had multiple cats in her home, not just one

@cherry, I sympathize. Often times it is the stress combined with the allergan and it is enough to begin a full fledge attack.

I am so sorry this happened to you. I completely understand how upset you must be.

Honored Contributor

It scared me to death @Trinity11 . I recall having to go to the hospital for adrenaline shots

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It scared me to death @Trinity11 . I recall having to go to the hospital for adrenaline shots

My daughter had and still has severe asthma. We nearly lost her to an attack when she was 5. One of her best friends dad died from an asthma attack. It surely is nothing to take lightly and I understand your concern.

@cherry, you can always get an inhaler (even today) if you are concerned at the nearest Emergi-Med. I had asthma (very mild) last winter and they set me up with one.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

If it scared you to death, @cherry , then you need to go a doctor and get a rescue inihaler.

I had to go to a clinic one Sunday when I had a respiratory reaction to my neighbor's fire pit.  I wasn't gasping, but I was wheezing the next morning and finding it hard to get a good breath.  I got a prescription right there.

Honored Contributor

I am OK now @QueenDanceALot . Once I got away and into the fresh air, I slowly started to recover. I think that fear also made it worse

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am OK now @QueenDanceALot . Once I got away and into the fresh air, I slowly started to recover. I think that fear also made it worse

@cherry 

I'm glad you're O.K.

I am just trying to help.  But if you just want to take your chances, that's your choice.

Honored Contributor

It wasn't a full blown attack @QueenDanceALot . It might have been, if I  didn't tell that tech  she was triggering my breathing problems. If I have any more problems, I will go straight to the ER , I promise. Thank you for  your concern

It helped just to talk about it

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It wasn't a full blown attack @QueenDanceALot . It might have been, if I  didn't tell that tech  she was triggering my breathing problems. If I have any more problems, I will go straight to the ER , I promise. Thank you for  your concern

It helped just to talk about it

@cherry 

O.K., good.

Just one more thing and I'll stop lecturing you Cat Happy

Don't rely on other people to comply with your request to be cat hair (or any other allergen) free.  Not everyone is going to care about(or understand) your not being able to breathe as much as you do.  Whether they work in the health care field or not.

I'll leave you alone now.

Trusted Contributor

My stage 1 breast cancer was found on my yearly mammogram. If I had skipped a year, I may not be here right now.
Respected Contributor

Cherry......this had nothing to do with your mammogram but rather the technician and your allergies. Why would you even consider not getting a mammo again? Just ask for another person to do the exam or get it at another facility. The only person you would be punishing is yourself.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown