Honored Contributor

Re: Bad experience with my mamo

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

We are and normally I wouldn't feel this way. today was exhuasting for me. I have been reading about this, since my appoinment and it is sort of  debateable, about  getting them after 75..I will be 73 in a few months, and almost 74 when my next one is due

I am going to mull it over ,and read ,and discuss it with my Dr. After today I am not going to jump into another one. I am not telling anyone else to do as I am doing, and I supposed I could change my mind down the road. The way I feel now that is doubtful @Trinity11 

@cherry, I have had breast cancer. It was 1990 and my son was in kindergarten and my daughter was in Junior High. I remember not knowing what I was going to do because my son was very sick with a heart condition. If not for the mammogram, I really feel like I would not be here. So I guess, I am the wrong person to ask because I think it saved my life with the help of an excellent surgeon from Sloan Kettering.

Talk to your doctor and give yourself time to get over this. It sounds like you have had a really tough day. Heart

Honored Contributor

Awful is an understatement @Trinity11 . It is the worst one I have ever had

Honored Contributor

Sounds to me that it was the technician not the test.  That could happen anywhere....hairstylist or doctor's office.

Honored Contributor

It was, but I am not rushing back for another @haddon9 ..If I was younger I might feel differently

Honored Contributor

@cherry   Sounds like it was a very scary experience!  If I were you I would be afraid of something like that possibly happening again and I would carry an inhaler in my bag....just in case...

Once about 10 years ago I was bowling and eating M&Ms.  Well some of the candy went down my throat the wrong way and all of a sudden I couldn't breathe!  My throat felt like it closed up and I almost started to panic until it relaxed several long seconds later.  I remember thinking that I didn't want to die right there in the bowling alley!  It was weird and frightening experience!

Now when I eat anything I make sure to chew carefully....my point is anything could happen...one never knows but better to be prepared.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9  I didn't have a full blown attack because ,she left ,and I got away asap. I haven't had any asthma since  I was in my early 30's...I am sure I was in contact with people with cat dander on their clothing, but, it wasn's right next to my face and touching my face. It may never happen again

Honored Contributor

@cherry My HMO guidlines have changed and if a woman is 65 and over and has never had a suspicious mamo, it's your choice if you want a yearly mamo or not. I never had a suspicious mamo, but I still get it done. I think since breast cancer affects so many younger women in the prime of life it makes women very fearful and rightly so. It's your choice to have the mamo or not and don't feel pressured or let anyone scare you into getting a mamo if you think it's not for you for whatever reason. I can tell you if I'm alive at 75 and have yet to have breast cancer, I will not go out of my way to have a mamo.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...