Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@rms1954 we are a pair!take care of yourself and get back to me on your progress,and I will you

Yes, take care and let us know how you are progressing.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@spent2much Have you ever tried or considered acupuncture?

No, I hadn't, but I'll "duckduckgo" it tomorrow.  (Don't use Google any more.)  Thank you.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

Sorry to hear you injured your back. It happens to many from many different things. As a lifelong klutz(except on ice skates) I often trip over my own feet. I seldom fall, I think, because of the years of work I have done, and still do, on my balance. Trip often, but seldom fall.

Being one that has had 2 back surgeries in which 3 spinal discs have been removed. I know exactly how incapacitating spinal injuries are, and that they can become chronic.

Without a lifelong commitment to do the exercises necessary to protect the spine, many keep suffering from pain that might have been preventable by keeping their front muscles strong, and their backside muscles and connective tissues as flexible as possible.

At my advanced age, my flexibility(even minus 3 discs) is still very close to my best years. At times I find it hard to believe my own flexibility.

I will make no pretense about never having a sore back, because I do. Many times the next day after my 2 hours ice skating the prior day, my spine will talk to me when making certain movements.

The only pain med I can take is regular Acetaminophen(tylenol) as any anti-inflammatory will cause my colon to bleed. And any type of Steroid? I will not take.

Be careful with your movements and I wish you well in your recovery. Try to maintain the integrity of your spine once you are completely healed, or when your doctor gives you the "GO" sign.

My best to you,

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

You fell 3 months ago and just now went to have it x-rayed?

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter , I thought the same thing.  Many years ago, DH and I were at the gym.  While working out on a piece of equipment, I fell and came down very hard on my lower back.

I immediately called my chiropractor and he got me in right away.  After his exam/xrays, thankfully nothing was broken nor fractured.

I sure wouldn't wait that long.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter 

I missed that part! Should edit my post to reflect that, but I just don't get it, so will leave it as is.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Sherikay, you deserve to take good care of yourself. I am glad you've finally gotten imaging and know what is going on. That is way too long to wait but I know covid and fear makes many of us avoid doctors. Do be careful on the narcotic tramadol. I want to say that as we age, many of us aren't aware of home safety. We think we can do things and then we fall or trip or whatever. Me, too. Get rid of any blankets that tangle one up, use another method on the bed. Get rid of area rugs that are trip hazzards. Have furniture removed that blocks walking pathways or doorways and have our house clutter free so we can walk easily. Wear althletic or orthopedic type shoes in the house, and slow down. You were getting out of bed and it seems like these falls happen when we are sort of disoriented at night or rushing around in the day which can be a form of getitng disoriented. My biggest issue is going too fast and I have to make myself slow down but recently I turned too fast coming out of the back room into the hallway to answer the doorbell and hit a wall brusing my forehead and toe. So I know this happens to normal everyday people! And get your medical care immediately in situations that cause this kind of pain. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Kachina624 excuse me walking disaster?kinda rude.i guess it is part of the aging thing.i honestly do not appreciate your sarcastic comments. I used to respect you.now I do not

@Luvsmyfam  don't let what @Kachina624  say, get to you. Something like that will make me laugh especially coming from someone you say you respected.

Get better soon. I know what back pain is all about.

Are you taking some time away from work? Get enough rest and physical therapy would help. Hope the pain goes away very soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam, did you get the icy hot rollon? I love that and it's so much more convenient and your hands won't get messy.

I always keep one one on hand in case I need it.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter  maybe it wasn't bothering her then. You know how some of us are. I know we should know better but I also wait until I can't take it anymore.