Respected Contributor

hi friends.  i've lost 4-5 weeks here because i've been sick.  started with 6 days of being sick at home, not exactly sure what was going on ... but then ended up in the ER (because i thought i must have a kidney infection).  

turns out i had a perforated bowel.  ouch.  they said i'd have to have surgery right away and the surgeon was on his way.  i said "do i have to stay overnight in the hospital?"  LOL    i had to stay a week, and i had to have not one but two surgeries.   that meant two rounds of anesthesia, which knocked me for a LOOP !!!

it took a whole 4 weeks for me to come out of that fog.  and anyway, by the end of 4 weeks post surgery, i was starting to be a little more up and about and able to prepare a light meal, etc.  and the doc gave me the ok to get my dog  back home (she had been staying with my daughter)

i am so happy to be able to take my dog on a little walk now and then and to be able to bend over and pick up after her!   it's the simple things in life.

good news and bad news:  i did have to have a colostomy but it is temporary (YAY !!!!!)  bad news:  i have to go back in the hospital for reversal surgery in october.  

i am grateful.  it could have been way worse.  

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you are back on the mend. Welcome back

Respected Contributor

@fancy pantsy   OMG........I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and will eventually be back to normal.  What an ordeal you've been through!  How does one get a perforated colon.......did they tell you?

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@fancy pantsy   OMG........I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and will eventually be back to normal.  What an ordeal you've been through!  How does one get a perforated colon.......did they tell you?

i have diverticulitis

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy 

Poor thing! What a rough thing to go throughl!

So glad you're home and feeling better, I know your pup is happy too!

Image result for sending hugs to you images

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy   I am sorry you had to go through all of that illness.  Thank God you got it all taken care of.

You are right about the simple things in life that really matter.  I am glad you are on the mend and I am sure your dog missed you as much as you missed her.

Take good care of yourself and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie.  You've had quite a time, but I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.  Continue to get stronger; you'll soon be your old self.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@fancy pantsy 

Get well soon Heart Just wanted to tell you that my brother has diverticulitis also, had to have the temporary colostomy and he's perfectly fine now. Just wanted to send some positive vibes your way and let you know this is a temporary setback. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Know your Pup is very glad to be at home with you.

💐

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Glad to hear that you have been reunited with your furbaby and that you are on the mend.  I will keep you in my prayers for healing and comfort. Rest, relax and be restored!