Honored Contributor

While I was in the hosptial , my blood pressure was elevelate due to fear. They added Corgard to my meds, well this med caused me many issues.

I did some research and found that the headache, weakness and stomach issues were all side effects.

I stopped taking it last night and starting to feel a bit better.  I am going to keep my food intake light and let my body heal.

I knew it was not the pneunomia that was causing the issues and there had to be anohter reason

Know your body and what affects it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

You should check with your doctor or pharmacist before discontinuing medication.  They know your medical history.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia 

I know my medical history, the doctors in the hosptial do not. I live in a huge city no small town pharmacy next door here 

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

You should check with your doctor or pharmacist before discontinuing medication.  They know your medical history.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Sorry, I don't remember why you were in the hospital. Who ordered the BP Med and why. During my many, many hospital stays, I am treated by my own doctors, which ones depends on why I am there. Even then, all my doctors coordinate with each other on any and all basic treatments, which to me BP is one of them.

Not sure what it is you fear, but that is another story I must have missed or forgotten. I too know my body well, however I trust all my doctors implicitly. If not,, you probably know the rest. Everyone has the final decision when it comes to their body. Unfortunately, even those that know their body(or think they do), can make mistakes with sometimes grave consequences.

Glad you are seeing 1 of your doctors about this.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

I did not broadcast it, I was in the hospital for 8  nights,12-31 to 1-8, already home a week I was there with  flu B and double pneunomia. First  7 nights I was in isolation, gloves and gowns etc to see me.

I have medical phobias and this is the first and only time I have ever said in a hopsital.

My anxiety made my BP go crazy and the staff doc treated me.  It took me a while to put all the peices togehter, with the headache and stomach reaction.

I have a  werid system and very little can set it off.

I live in suburban NYC and this was a huge hosptial, so there was no personal touch.

I feel I am on the othrer side with my healing and I thank you for you concern.

@hckynut wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Sorry, I don't remember why you were in the hospital. Who ordered the BP Med and why. During my many, many hospital stays, I am treated by my own doctors, which ones depends on why I am there. Even then, all my doctors coordinate with each other on any and all basic treatments, which to me BP is one of them.

Not sure what it is you fear, but that is another story I must have missed or forgotten. I too know my body well, however I trust all my doctors implicitly. If not,, you probably know the rest. Everyone has the final decision when it comes to their body. Unfortunately, even those that know their body(or think they do), can make mistakes with sometimes grave consequences.

Glad you are seeing 1 of your doctors about this.

hckynut

Trusted Contributor

Corgard is a beta blocker and you should NEVER just stop taking these drugs.  Talk with your doctor first!