Respected Contributor

BOSE Hearing AIds

[ Edited ]

Before you think about getting these go to Google and type in "Is BOSE exiting hearing aid business" and you will see the results.

They will no longer be making or supporting hearing aids and have laid off all the workers that support this side of the business.

I don't think I would purchase knowing that you won't be able to get much help or support or replacements in the future. 

Honored Contributor

Interesting.  I just happened to have the Q on a few minutes ago and they were talking about it.  I know my mother who had hearing aids needed to get them adjusted often.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw them on Q and the price. I only wear one hearing aid now and had to have a part replaced yesterday at my audiologist.$100! Better than a cheap one that is broken!

Super Contributor

Well I just got this last week for my husband… Glad I saw this it's going back on Monday

Honored Contributor

I'm sure these aren't hearing aids in the truest sense of the word. IMO, they are amplifiers, which is quite different. Yes, real, properly fitted, quality hearing aids are expensive, but worth the investment, even if you have to make installment payments and cut back on other things. 

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl I didn't know this - guess that is why their price went down so much, just trying to get rid of them.  I did look into these a few years ago and there were many bad reviews - and there still is.

Honored Contributor

Re: BOSE Hearing AIds

[ Edited ]

My husband won't even look at hearing aids that do not recharge their batteries....  I listened to the entire presentation and was impressed with this model, but it really isn't for advanced hearing loss.  However, if you fall within its specifications it sounds as though it has many conveniences tied to it.  But I agree about recharging batteries versus buying them all the time, but again a matter of personal preference.  

Just re-read the original post and realized I hadn't read the part where Bose won't be supporting these hearing aids going forward.  Wow.... how can we take QVC seriously when this from a company they trust and they continue to sell them....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Q4u Just re-read the original post and realized I hadn't read the part where Bose won't be supporting these hearing aids going forward.  Wow.... how can we take QVC seriously when this from a company they trust and they continue to sell them..

Some have speculated that many products sold at Q are inventory that vendors need to sell quickly. This could be the case with Bose HA?

Valued Contributor

How can QVC, in conscience, peddle these to unsuspecting consumers?  Shame on them.  Their customers deserve better than to purchase such an expensive item when the Q knows there will be no support.  I'm fairly certain those who purchased are of a certain age and in need of assistance with their hearing?

Honored Contributor

Re: BOSE Hearing AIds

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

@Q4u Just re-read the original post and realized I hadn't read the part where Bose won't be supporting these hearing aids going forward.  Wow.... how can we take QVC seriously when this from a company they trust and they continue to sell them..

Some have speculated that many products sold at Q are inventory that vendors need to sell quickly. This could be the case with Bose HA?

I'm thinking so, which is disappointing.  I have personally purchased two questionable items that I remember, one a kitchen item that would store breads, muffins, etc. in a holder that pumps the air out.  I bought one and it did NOT work.  My breads became moldy- fast.  By the time it made it's own little yeasty environment, it had passed 30 days.  It got thrown away.  Well, interestingly enough the little blonde inventor(?) Lori Grenier came out with the exact same model!  Course I knew it wouldn't last long and it didn't.  She said she invented it.  No, she did not, she probably bought the specs from the company that first brought it to QVC.

The second item I purchased was The Rocket Grill.  Loved that thing until I ran out of parchment bags for it.  QVC said (when I bought it) they would always be carrying the bags.  Nope.  I could go into more but won't bore you.  So I have come to curb my enthusiasm for QVC products and when I do buy it's a highly deliberated purchase

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*