Respected Contributor

I received a notice that "if you purchased or were enrolled in Blue Cross or Blue Shield insurance between 2008-2000 you could be entitled to cash settlement from $2.67 billion fund...."

Anyone else? 

I went to the claim site and began to register. In order to complete the claim one has to know the policy number, group number and dates etc. This is so frustrating because the company knows who had insurance at the time of the settlement. 

Anytime I have ever filed one of these class action settlement calims I might have gotten a few dollars at most. 

Respected Contributor

Re: BCBS class action notice

I got the notice too, laughed & trashed it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

yes, i received the postcard.

have not been to the site yet to fill out any information.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

A class action lawsuit for what?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Plaintiffs allege that Settling Defendants violated antitrust laws by entering into an agreement not to compete with each other and to limit competition among themselves in selling health insurance and administrative services for health insurance. Settling Defendants deny all allegations of wrongdoing and assert that their conduct results in lower healthcare costs and greater access to care for their customers. The Court has not decided who is right or wrong. Instead, Plaintiffs and Settling Defendants have agreed to a Settlement to avoid the risk and cost of further litigation.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I received the same notice from another insurance compay....    If your policy was sold to you by an "agent",  you can contact that person for instructions  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I received a notice that "if you purchased or were enrolled in Blue Cross or Blue Shield insurance between 2008-2000 you could be entitled to cash settlement from $2.67 billion fund...."

Anyone else? 

I went to the claim site and began to register. In order to complete the claim one has to know the policy number, group number and dates etc. This is so frustrating because the company knows who had insurance at the time of the settlement. 

Anytime I have ever filed one of these class action settlement calims I might have gotten a few dollars at most. 

@granddi it wasn't a requirement that you have that information in order to file a claim.  
We got the postcards a few weeks ago, I filed with them.  I'm sure by the time we do get a settlement, if any, I will have forgotten all about it.

Honored Contributor

Got mine in the mail.  I was with BCBS from 2000 until Dec. 2016.  I saved my last correspondence with them in Oct. of 2016 for the upcoming year which I did not renew.  I had all my i.d. numbers and such with this correspondence.  So filing the clam this morning was really fast and easy.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I went to the site and printed the form.  Although it is several pages (not all pages apply to everyone)  it is pretty straighforward.  I believed I read on the site if you did not have the plan no's you only needed the unique id on the card you received.  I have mine so I didn't pay much attention to that.

Heck, I'm going to complete for both myself and my husband.  If I get anything from them I will be happy for all the fighting I had to do with them to get anything that was clearly insured paid.

Esteemed Contributor

I got one too.  I will have to see if I can find all my info.

I have received checks in the past from such lawsuits.  I don't think any check was over $20.  Not sure this is worth my time.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead