Respected Contributor

Re: B4 U Got Ur KNEE REPLACMENT ... (?)

@151949 wrote:

I went to the doctor my PCP referred me to. Why are you doctor shopping? Seems like  a waste of a lot of money. As for knee replacement they can see if it is bone on bone with a simple x ray - no MRI or any other imaging needed. Are you having this done for arthritis or some other issue?  TKR is not a major issue - how many surgeons have you consulted?

=====

"Some other issue", which I don't want to discuss here because I feel it is inappropriate .. and it's also depressing.  I just don't want to "go there".

Thanks for your concern, tho'.

Smiley Embarassed)

And thanks for the feedback, everyone.  I greatly appreciate it.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: B4 U Got Ur KNEE REPLACMENT ... (?)

@sfnative wrote:

@151949

A patient must do what a patient must do to feel comfortable and at ease with the surgeon performing the surgery.

Surgeons who perform TKAs also perform total hips and sometimes shoulders as well, if they are in an all-in-one practice.  I would insist on Stryker Navigation, Stryker Triathlon and would never ignore googling the doc(s) on the internet.

===========================

I will ask the surgeon I'm going to on Thursday if he uses Stryker.

Thanks, SF.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."