Regular Contributor

I have been using these b12 vape pens for a few monthsSeems to work well,my b12 is where it should be now,couldn't get it to normal with supplements or shots.Worth looking in to if you are b12 deficient.Tastes like citrus.Very easy to use as well.

Respected Contributor

Re: B12 vape ,called Breathe

What has your doctor said about it? Experts have warned against it because the vaping does more harm than good. My friends works at UCSF for a doctor who has been studying vaping as a replacement for cigarettes and the ecigs are especially bad, but many doctors are also against the "vitamin vape" systems. It seems like it's an option for people who really are deficient and whose only other option is injections, but it doesn't seem like a good alternative for most people.

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a19546318/vitamin-vaping-is-it-good-for-you/

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/wellness/a47000/vitamin-b12-vaping/

Regular Contributor

@Alison Wonderland,my dr was the one who recommended it ,mainly because nothing was working.ITtakes very few puffs everyday,his take away was that it wasn't like vaping to replace cigarettes which people do repeatedly over and over during the day.MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

I can give a million reasons NOT to vape a vitamin.

Is there one GOOD reason why?

And having a doctor suggest this method is...stunning. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom,dont know if you realize there is no nicotine in this only glycerin,it is vaporized ,much like an asthma inhaler.Not an e cigarette with nicotine. That is  a broad statement unless you are an MD ,to say you are stunned.Different drs, different views.

Honored Contributor

@I am stillkeeper of the

Yes, I do know there is no nicotine...but there are other

ingredients to make the vapor...which are unhealthy.

There are so many other, SAFER, methods of administering B12.

Tablets, pills, dissolving-under-the-tongue disks, sprays...

all readily available in any grocery store, also which

are much less expensive.

Supplements are not regulated but having a doctor suggest

’a good multi-vitamin’ or ‘any B12 supplement’ is acceptable.

Having a doctor suggest this particular method of administering

a vitamin is stunning, tho.  Even Dr. Oz (!!) doesn’t think this is

a good idea. That should say something.  

I would think most asthma sufferers or people with lung issues,

those who would LOVE to have healthy lungs, would strongly 

agree with me & zillions of other advising not to use:

Don’t👏monkey👏with👏your👏lungs/airways. 

95319F5B-9C78-4B3B-8205-FAFFA48F99D5.jpeg

94D427F5-2E35-477A-AE71-74F50DDB927E.jpeg

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. @sidsmom,did you read my original post?.I stated I could not by a dr get my b12 raised.I was suffering from neuropathy among other things.It could not be raised by shots.I was suggesting this to discuss with dr if unable to get levels raised.I like to see a dr face to face not tv drs.Not looking for debate with you just relating my experience.It often helps if the original post is read,before  throwing out your own nonmedical advice.Conversation with you over.Have a nice day.Ps wasnt doing this for cool factor,have a disease including copd that leaves me with  many vitamin deficiencies conventional medication cannot fix..
QVC Customer Care

Contributor

I don't think this should be compared to an asthma inhaler. I have asthma and can't get near anyone using these or regular cigarettes. These cause me to have asthma attacks bad enough that I need my rescue inhaler. People say just use your inhaler - no, I'm sick for hours from the smell of these. I'm sorry, but those are not like an asthma inhaler.

Esteemed Contributor

The vape pen in this case works on the same principle of a nebulizer distributing the vitamin in the form of vapor as a nebulizer does with asthma medication, one inhales the medication because pills are ineffective.