Respected Contributor

I hear this type of covid is on the move in the US.  It spreads fast and tends to infect those age 20-49.

Do you think we can avoid a new wave?  Of course, I know we can but WILL we?

Super Contributor

Re: B117 Can We Get Rid Of It?

@KarenQVC 

Unfortunately no ... it's too widespread across our country and with many states rolling back mask mandates and other safety restrictions, we are putting ourselves in a situation that will allow for this new variant to continue to spread.  We are always a few weeks behind Europe and look at what is happening there.  

Just wish people could wear masks for awhile longer so we can just get through this.  Masks will end this whole ordeal faster ... seems like people who object to masks just don't want this pandemic to end.  

Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

I hear this type of covid is on the move in the US.  It spreads fast and tends to infect those age 20-49.

I fear we won't, but hope we will. Wearing a mask, physical distancing, avoiding large groups, and washing hands would certainly help. We are heading toward beating this thing but a lot of states including mine have fumbled the ball at the 20 yard line.

Esteemed Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

It is a worry to me. A lot of people I know in that age group are not planning on getting the shot or haven't decided if they are going to get it or not. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Returning to the OP - 

No, I do not think we will.

The past year has demonstrated that 1/3 of America is willing to regard personal freedoms more highly than the overall welfare of the country - even in a matter as significant as a pandemic.

Hope This is wrong, but don’t think so.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I'm trying to understand the 20-49 group.  Will they or won't they run wild this summer--without masks?

My son is in that group and he takes the threats very seriously, even the threats to my husband and me.  But in general that group has always been so focused on freedom and experiences...

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC Don't bucket everyone in this age group as "running wild".  I am in my mid-30s and the majority of my friends have taken this situation very seriously and will definitely continue to wear masks.  That is quite a generalization to assume that everyone younger just doesn't care and really not true.  

My friends and I have started going to restaurants again, outdoor dining only, and doing a bit of shopping and so on, but always with masks and being conscientious of others.  

I know several people in the 65+ group that never even wore masks and still think this situation is a hoax, so there are all kinds of opinions.

Either way, no matter the age, there will be people that continue to wear a mask and take this seriously and then there will be others that could care less and worry about "freedoms" instead of human lives.

Honored Contributor

No, it will spread just like all the other variants.  No matter how many people wear masks and social distance and get vaccines, it will continue to spread.

I don't want to be political, so I won't say why I think this, but we the people have nothing to do with this and we can't stop this train wreck.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Carmie Your comment is very defeatest. Look how many vaccines have been given in the last two months. We know what to do, we just have to convince enough Americans to get vaccinated.