Honored Contributor

Re: Autoimmune disorders - Dr. Brooke Goldner

@sidsmom  We IF in the morning so for the last two days have broken the fast around 12:00-1:00 with smoothies instead of a large bowl of green salad (18:6 IF usually).  Today my husband finished about half of the green drink,..."too thick".  Amount of chia made the smoothie into a pudding (I drank it anyway).  I thought back to my smoothie fast experience with Tanny Raw and she had us add a tablespoon of chia/flax....one of the reasons being that you need your O3s, but as you know the seeds are also high in (good) fat.  So I'm going back to the lower amount of seeds in the smoothie.  Another thought:  how about some adding a yummy chia seed pudding with fresh fruit?Heart  I also include avo and hemp seeds in the daily salad...so more O3s there.

Sids...did you get the message I posted about The Real Truth About Weight Loss on March 16...a lot of our favorite people and I adore Rich Roll.  Looking forward to this one.  I am also anxious to read the metabolism book that should arrive Monday.  I'm hoping to learn some new tweaks.  I'm beginning to think I need a @QueenDanceALot as a trainer.  I want to change the muscle/fat ratio and it is a challenge.  

I'm going to go back and review my notes from a few years ago with Tanny Raw.  She met with me- as well as others in our group.  We skyped individually so she could address personal needs. I really liked that about her small group fasts. She is the queen of smoothies.  However, I've been incorporating juice fasting instead of smoothies for the last couple of years.  I'm going to return to the smoothies to compare results.  Your post inspired me to switch things up!  

So these are my thoughts on 03s.  You are doing great!Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

5EEA34ED-ED96-4AE3-B6B0-FB8A2AB64B53.jpeg

Honored Contributor

5D291253-61D8-457A-9284-9E6A2FA0E93F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

14381625-B371-4D9F-B952-76259F2D9206.jpeg

Honored Contributor

9BBF04BF-E4D4-44B6-88BC-EBD09AD1C1C6.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe I should check my Junk email file more often! 

All the info is there. 🙃

The workouts are...a lot...but given Thomas is a trainer and this is

the ‘shred’ protocol, it stands to reason it would be included.

I just wanted to post this within the thread. HTH!

@phoenixbrd 

Yes, I’m signed up for the summit. I adore Rich Roll.

Sometimes I put on one of his podcasts & fall asleep to it.

His voice is so soothing! 

Tanny Raw...you were so fortunate to be mentored by her.

If you see something in your notes & want to share, 

we all would virtual hug you! 🌼💛

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@sidsmom  We IF in the morning so for the last two days have broken the fast around 12:00-1:00 with smoothies instead of a large bowl of green salad (18:6 IF usually).  Today my husband finished about half of the green drink,..."too thick".  Amount of chia made the smoothie into a pudding (I drank it anyway).  I thought back to my smoothie fast experience with Tanny Raw and she had us add a tablespoon of chia/flax....one of the reasons being that you need your O3s, but as you know the seeds are also high in (good) fat.  So I'm going back to the lower amount of seeds in the smoothie.  Another thought:  how about some adding a yummy chia seed pudding with fresh fruit?Heart  I also include avo and hemp seeds in the daily salad...so more O3s there.

Sids...did you get the message I posted about The Real Truth About Weight Loss on March 16...a lot of our favorite people and I adore Rich Roll.  Looking forward to this one.  I am also anxious to read the metabolism book that should arrive Monday.  I'm hoping to learn some new tweaks.  I'm beginning to think I need a @QueenDanceALot as a trainer.  I want to change the muscle/fat ratio and it is a challenge.  

I'm going to go back and review my notes from a few years ago with Tanny Raw.  She met with me- as well as others in our group.  We skyped individually so she could address personal needs. I really liked that about her small group fasts. She is the queen of smoothies.  However, I've been incorporating juice fasting instead of smoothies for the last couple of years.  I'm going to return to the smoothies to compare results.  Your post inspired me to switch things up!  

So these are my thoughts on 03s.  You are doing great!Smiley Wink

@phoenixbrd 

Have you read Thomas Tadlock's free download on how he gained muscle and lost fat?  It's really a basic primer, most everything I learned in both certifications I took, and much of which I knew prior to studying for the certs.  You can download it from his website - ThomasTadlock.com

I know that many in the plant based community will say that you get enough protein easily from a plant based diet but I have not found that to be true.  And most strength athletes as well as bodybuilders I have followed will say the same.  

And my experience as well (going on 37 years) has shown me that the "big lifts" are the way to go.  The deadlift, the squat, the press, and the row.  There are many variations of all, but all of them need to be done, and with sufficient weight to load the muscles and bones, to facilitate muscle growth.

Many women who want to lose fat and optimize lean body mass STILL think the best way to go is "light weights" and "high reps".  And this we know, from science, to not be true.  And those of us in the fitness biz have known this for years, from experience.

The other mistake many women STILL make is measuring progress by the number on the scale.  Many trainers don't even show a person their weight on an evaluation.  They show them their body fat % and their lean to fat tissue %, as these are the numbers that matter.  The scale will lie.  Women come into the gym looking "normal" and are found often to have bodyfat % of over 40%.  Happens all the time.

And many women believe that they can't gain muscle as they age. This is also not true, and science backs me up on that as well.  Older people can AND DO add muscle with the proper workouts (Loading muscles!!!) and a good nutrition program.  Maybe not at the rate we did when we were 25, but it is still very possible.

ANYHOO, it would be fun if you lived nearby and I could work with you. 

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom   It's noon, first meal of the day....broke my fast with smoothie - jammed blender with greens, one cp almond milk - rest water, mixture berries, hemp seeds, flax seeds, 1 scoop  Vega organic plant-based Protein &Greens (rare addition, but I'm in experimental mode). I took out the chia seeds from the smoothie.  I'm making usual huge (mostly greens, Cara Brotman style) salad -homemade no oil dressing- for main meal later today.  If either of us are hungry early evening, I'll do a  plant based meal or light fruit/chia pudding.  Will be IFing 18:6.

Want to thank you for your input.  I've been out of the gym (like to workout on an empty stomach early in the am....didn't happen today) and need to get in gear, this is inspiration to move!  I won't eat my salad until I've gone to the gym.  Goals...adding consistent gym work.  The food part of this plan is basically in place for me.  Same healthy plant based, but with the addition of the O3s smoothie.  

I'm doing great...how about you? Always researching and learning...so waiting for Game Changers (dang...they're slow with the production) and my new books should arrive tomorrow!  Watched Rich Roll pods casts early this am...gets me geared up for the gymSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot   I so appreciate your post.....synchronicity at its best.  Everything that you wrote, I've been considering.  Now I just have to apply.

As I was reading your post, I have my smoothie beside me with the addition of plant based protein.  I have both Vega and SunWarrior.  I'm going to spike up the protein with the smoothies as well as the greens and omega3s (I do take a superior brand of O3s already, but always great to get through plant source too).  Each morning my scale (I need daily accountability.  It shows my muscle:fat ratio...it's in my face, not pretty, and this has gone on too long!) I'm hoping the plant based protein will assist with this continual battle.  I won't go completely Veggie Police (what's with him!).  Nope, I'm plant based (and believe I get a healthy does of protein but I'm experimenting) and vegan for life....but I want to be stealthy and strong even as I go gently into the good night.  So, yes, we are on the same page.  

Amazing, I just ordered Tadlock's book (thanks to @sidsmom who recommended) and it will be here tomorrow...I'm so excited.  Always looking for something better than what I'm doing.  I will devour it tomorrow.

Also, I mentioned to my husband a few days ago I need to be going heavier at the gym.  My weights are too light weight  and I know I need more muscle to raise my metabolism to burn the fat. And I need to be doing the basic weightlifting that you mentioned.  I am going to chart a new course and emphasize the weights less so on the cardio.  So again....your post just confirms everything I've been thinking and preparing for mentally.

Thanks so much...really helps to hear from an expert and, yes, it would be awesome if you were close!  I'll continue on my own but keep my ears open for an exceptional trainer.  I was writing to Sids (the post above) apparently while you were writing your post to me at the same time.  If you read it and have any improvements or thoughts please let me know. After reading your post, I think I'll add a small tofu scramble with veggie for last meal tonight.  So grateful for your input.Heart

Valued Contributor

Thank you, @sidsmom , for posting all that great information for people to know!!!!

You have such a knack for finding phenomenal graphics with all the pertinent information.  Much appreciation!