Valued Contributor

Autoimmune disorders - Dr. Brooke Goldner

Some of you may know Dr. Brooke Goldner already; but, for those that don't, I thought I'd mention her.  She's a board-certified physician who puts out free educational content on healing autoiummune disorders.  She has a lot of intervies on youtube as well.  

She does offer one-on-one programs; however, all of her content and details of her healing protocol are free online.  

Hopefully someone finds this helpful. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Autoimmune disorders - Dr. Brooke Goldner

Thanks for the information.  But I have learned to check and research before I trust.  No such thing as FREE.

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

Some of you may know Dr. Brooke Goldner already; but, for those that don't, I thought I'd mention her.  She's a board-certified physician who puts out free educational content on healing autoiummune disorders.  She has a lot of intervies on youtube as well.  

She does offer one-on-one programs; however, all of her content and details of her healing protocol are free online.  

Hopefully someone finds this helpful. 

@Julie_23

I love her story via Eating Your Alive & Forks Over Knives.

Obviously a whole foods plant based story which heals so many ailments.

It’s sad people are not open to learn something new which would help them. I’ll post her FOK success story...which is not unusual at all. Many people with autoimmune issues have seen immediate results from a WFPB diet, but it takes work.  I would think anyone in this precarious condition would seek information, all information, when available.

HTH🌼💛

88A316C9-7350-4E4A-BD3D-CABCEB3610EE.jpeg

3995F4F8-C674-4E6A-A8E8-DB944508BE0A.jpeg

5CC94498-CF2D-41F0-8CBE-ECC5CA42467A.jpeg

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi @bonnielu - In case you or anyone is interested, she is offering 100% free online courses, Sept 23-30th.  And, there are lots of videos on youtube.  

Hi @sidsmom - Thank you for posting that additional great info!  Much appreciated.  

Honored Contributor

Never heard of her and "board certified"....in what speciality?  There's a lot junk medicine online, I stay away from it.  

Honored Contributor

Now we all know who Dr. Brooke Goldner is!

A quick 15-second Google search would reveal

Dr. Goldner meets all the qualifications.

Sad to see people not having the intellectual curiosity 

to research something which may make their life better.

Dr. Goldner graduated with honors from Carnegie Mellon University

for her genetic research in Leukemia and Neurobiology.  

She received her M.D. from Temple University School of Medicine

and was Chief Resident at UCLA Harbor Residency in Psychiatry.  

She also holds a certification in Plant Based Nutrition from

Cornell University.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Plant based diets are not something I ever discuss here, but I read the article provided. I do take issue with her statement that doctors discourage people with autoimmune diseases from attending med school because of stress and lack of sleep. 

I know lots of doctors, some with Crohn’s, some with RA, and one with lupus.  I am one of many RNs I know with autoimmune diseases. None of us were ever discouraged from choosing the career path we did. 

Maybe she was, but I know many who weren’t. 

ETA, I have three family members with asthma who are MDs. This is not an autoimmune disease, but stress sure doesn’t do asthma any good. None of them were discouraged, either. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23 @phoenixbrd 

Maybe we can talk Smoothie here? 😆

Here’s a video w/ Dr. Goldner explaining her journey.

Very sweet....and important to hear.

🌼💛

https://youtu.be/6Nsk64gJbq4

8784B775-18A4-4352-9E87-38AC854FC9BA.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Hi @sidsmom  - it definitely sounds like you were already doing a version of this back in the mid-2000s!  

That's the website I was on this morning, Smoothie Shred.  Very nice indeed.  I have Dr. Goldner's book, but not her husband's.  His book looks good too, though.

Thanks for linking the video.  She puts out helpful videos.  Lots of good tips and content.  Her story is very inspiring.

With the smoothie, I am leaning towards a mix of flax and chia. I totally agree - they are definitely filling!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom   This brought tears....such an amazing woman.  Medical school with all of her challenges....so thankful she met her husband who got her on the right path.  I've ordered their books and they will be here Monday.  I'm in...and looking forward to this journey.  My guess is I'm 90% there, but I'll be reading her website tonight.  I'm sure that there is tweaking that will improve what I'm currently doing.  I am so excited for new possibilities!  Thanks!