Honored Contributor

Re: Aug 22: Plant Milk Day! 🌿🚫🐄

@Caligurll  Love the taste of CalifiaHeart

@Caligurll wrote:

My favorite is a tie between Trader Joe's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use almond milk - unsweetened.  Those with vanilla are not for me - odd sweet flavor.  I have made almond and cashe milk but to messy to make all the time.   Cashew and almond are way better than soy.  Coconut and rice milk are too thin and tasteless for me.  I tried hemp milk once and it's prettey good but too hard to find where I live.  I have used almond milk to bake and cook also where some of the others are not good for that. 

Honored Contributor

I like almond, coconut, and cashew, and I like the almond coconut and almond cashew blends, all unsweetened.  For smoothies I like the vanilla added.

My favorite is the cashew, so creamy.  And it's GREAT to use for mashed potatoes!  

Honored Contributor

I just bought my first unsweetened almond milk a couple days ago.....needed it for a recipe.  I don't know if I'll drink the rest as I'm not a milk beverage type person even before I went vegan......but I like it better than milk!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G