Respected Contributor

Re: At what weight do you feel you look your best and most healthy?

I lost 50 lbs. years ago, and now at 5'9 I weigh 150lbs.  The ONLY way I can keep my weight down is to be honest about what I actually eat.  Those "healthjy foods" were actually keeping me from losing weight.  A salad can be over 1000 calories. 

I also run 30 minutes every day, no matter the weather.  If I stumble on Christmas cookies, the exercise seems to help. Also, face the bad news every day and weigh yourself!!!  It's easier to lose a couple of pounds that you have gained, than 20. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 5'3" 120# and have pretty much been this weight my whole life (except when pregnant).  In high school I was 112#. I worked in the nurses office and weighed myself every day out of boredom. Haha

My BP is really good, cholesterol could be better, eyesight could be better.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

(thread title only)

At 135

My wife thinks 150+

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

For me, 132. I am 5'2", but I lift weights and have a lot of muscle.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

I'm 5'11 and weight 158. I would like to drop 10 pounds, so 148-150 but it's not a crisis as I am still within my weight range.  If I start creeping up I will add to my workout routine. 

Congratulations to anyone who is able to take off any extra weight. It's not an easy thing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum 

Congrats on your 50# weight loss and exercising. 

I am not for every day weighing primarily because body fluid levels are deceiving. As for those 1,000 calorie salads? It ain't the salad ingredients, if they are all veggies. It's the stuff many like to pour over the good stuff.

Good story to read, thanks.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

115# is my happy weight   I was 139# this morning  Not happy

I remember looking at the scale at 118# thinkning, no biggy  I can take care of this  but I didn't   ......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actual weight isn't really a good or accurate gauge.  Several women can all be the same weight, but vary in height, BMI, and carry their weight differently.  I'm 6' tall. Since losing 150 lbs., I look better and can dress more fashionably than I have in many decades. I've been as big as a 24/26 and now wear a 14.  I'm definitely the healthiest I've been in years; better cognition, more energy & stamina, no more edema, more flexibility, reversed pre-diabetes, no more sore joints.  Under that cute clothing, though, it's a different story.  I have a lot of loose skin than I'm working on, but I've also accepted that it may never get tight like it was when I was younger unless I have surgery.  

Honored Contributor

5’ 7”  #127.

I have have always been slender, tiny bird bones.  I was about 138 when the lockdown started and lost @ #20, too much. I wasn’t trying to lose weight, but worried over family, and sad over the whole situation, didn’t eat.

Now my main issue is rebuilding strength and balance.  I have a PT starting with me right after the first of the year!

We all do the best we can.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Ugh --- weight!  I am very unhappy right now with myself.  After holidays are over I am going to really try and get back on track.  All my life I was always really thin.  As a child, I was sickly and looked malnourished.  Never started having problems with gaining weight until I reached my middle 40's.  Does this sound familiar?  It's been a battle ever since!  I now have about 15-20 lbs I want to get rid of!  I am happy at about 114.  I am 5.4.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin