Valued Contributor

Re: Asking For Prayers For My Mother

God bless your dear mother.  I've been praying for her recovery.  I've also been praying for you.  I'm so happy she is doing well.  She reminds me of my dear mom who was also a fighter.  I pray she continues to do well.  God bless.    docsgirl

Trusted Contributor

😊 Such welcomed news, @jubilant!! 

I'm so relieved for Jean and your family - rejoicing with much gratitude and praise! 

It seems as though she will be home soon now. ❤️

Respected Contributor

@jubilant  That is wonderful news!   So glad to read the update and how well she is doing at the new place.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@jubilant  Wonderful update.  Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I would appreciate your prayers for my mother. Her name is Jean. She has pneumonia and is in the hospital.  Her sodium levels are dangerously low.  She is 88 yrs. old and in pretty good shape for her age.  I have never seen her this weak before.  We did get a little food down her today so saw a small amount of improvement.  I am hopeful for a better day tomorrow

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Respected Contributor

I am so happy for her. When she gets out of the rehab you can continue care at home with home health care. You can compare home health agencies outcomes in your area through Medicare.gov Home Health Compare. If she had Medicare there is no copay and the skilled services are paid at 100%. She will probably need a RN, PT, OT and maybe an aide for a while to work with her in the home. If she can stand on the scale, I would get an agency with a Heart Failure program that has a monitor that they can place in the home to get her vital signs and weights daily. Her weight has to be watched as the heart failure patients end up in the emergency room a lot. 2 pounds within 1 day is an indicator things are going south. The home health nurses, under the direction of the physician can intervene to help keep her out of the ER. I am so happy that she is doing well. 

Trusted Contributor

Wonderful, encouraging news on Jean, @jubilant! I'm so happy for you both that she could be safely moved, and continues to improve, day by day. 

Thank you for taking the time to keep us posted on her progress. I continue to pray according to her needs, and with humble thanks to those graciously answered. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mom could possibly go home in two weeks. she is doing well with her walking (on a walker) and getting up and down in a chair.  She can also get herself in and out of bed now.  She is not, however, progressing very much where her swallowing is concerned.  They are trying everything.  She has been getting really bad choking spells again.  Her throat is still not constricting enough to even get her "spit "  down at times. She is on a select diet and thickened liquids and doing special exercises for it.  So far nothing is working.

I don't know if they will send her home with that.  She had a couple choking spells this past week where she told me....she thought this was the way she would leave this world...."choking to death".  Mom doesn't normally say those things so, of course, we are concerned.  They may have to do another scoping.  We are praying for an answer to this problem in her esophogus.  

Thanks for the continuous support.  I told mom about it.  Prayer gives her much comfort.  She is a great believer in prayer.  While she has had a lot of setbacks.....she still believes there is a reason and her faith is strong.  Like most people....she, of course, longs to be at home.

Trusted Contributor

What a terrible, scary feeling of choking so bad that must be, @jubilant.  Just imagining that...

i have just fallen in love with your mom. What a sweet, dear, strong child of God she is. Many prayers are holding her up!