Honored Contributor

Re: Asking For Prayers For My Mother

[ Edited ]

@Elri

I wanted you to know that I went elsewhere to read the prayer and it was a comfort to me.  Sorry it was deleted.  Sometimes it's just hard to know if something is ok or not. 

Trusted Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Good news.  My sister just called a little while ago and they did another test on the heart and it came out fine!  They simply said the first one was wrong?????    Poor mom....she said..."this is confusing" but she was happy with the news and so are we!!

This happened to my dad once at the ER for a severe cold. Whatever they test for a heart attack came back positive. Lovely. Did it a second time and it came back negative.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant  Still thinking of you and your dear mom.Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@jubilant...continuing to pray for your mom. Please remember to take care of yourself during this most difficult time. Stress like this is so very hard when you are recovering from your heart surgery. I think of you often and what a trooper you are.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mom started vomiting after meals yesterday.  Everytime she tried to eat today everything came back up almost immediately. Her throat and chest (where her esophogus is) tightened up and she would have considerable pain.

They called in a doctor to do a scope. They felt something might be caught in her throat. The doctor said that what she has is very rare.  Her esophogus will not constrict.  This means she will be on soft food for the rest of her life....according to him.  A little further down in the esophogus was a narrowing so he ballooned that.  She also shows a hiatal hernia which she didn't know she had.  The pain in her back is better but here we go again.  We never know what tomorrow may bring.  It seems like every day something new pops up.  She told me today that, while she doesn't like the way she feels,  God is near and that is what she's holding on to.

Honored Contributor

(((@jubilant and Jean)))❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Hi, I am sorry for your ordeal. My mom is 92 and had Pneumonia/renal failure and a fall in January. She pulled through and I am praying for your mom. Did they have a Speech Therapist evaluate her swallowing? and a swallow study? Hugs for you and your family. 

Valued Contributor

@jubilant

What your mother said was really touching.

I hope this problem is not serious and is treated correctly so she can start on the road to recovery.    

Valued Contributor

In my prayers... Heart

Honored Contributor

@conlt

So glad your mom pulled through.  Yes, they did do a swallowing test.