Honored Contributor

Re: Asking For Prayers For My Mother

I talked to all of Mom's doctors today.  The one who did the throat procedure says she will need to be on soft foods the rest of her life.  Mom seems ok with that.  Her sodium level has finally reached normal levels. Her lungs are looking better, too. She ran a fever all last night and, so far, we don't know why. It was 102.7 so that is a little concerning.   I'm hoping for a call from my sister (yet today) when they get the results back from the cultures.  We are praying nothing else shows up.  She was resting much easier today which I was so thankful for.

Respected Contributor

So glad to hear that they have found some information on what is causing her issues and she is OK with changing her diet to accommodate soft foods.     

We are continuing to pray for your Mom and it sounds like you are getting a little bit of good news with each day that passes.  Please make sure you and your sister are taking care of yourselves too.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for your Mom's continued improvementHeart!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@jubilant

Good Smiley Happy   Still praying.  All of us are going to pray her right out of that bed and home again so she can enjoy the summertime and you can get some rest and relaxation yourself.   

Hope she starts to eat and get her strength to start walking.  Soft foods - that is not a problem.  Plenty of delicious options for her.  

Thank you for continuing to take the time to update here, Jubilant!

Honored Contributor

A temperature above 102 degrees in an elderly patient is very dangerous level.  There has to be a reason for a temperature of that magnitude.  I may have missed it but has your mother had an infectious disease doctor see her?

Respected Contributor

Related image

Thinking of you and your sweet mother, Jean

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

Jean, Jubilant and family......

image.jpg

Love,

Anu 

Respected Contributor

@jubilant ~ hoping and praying the cultures showed nothing very serious, but I do understand the concern with Jean's high temperature. Could that be a result of the lingering pneumonia? 

Bless her soul, she has really been through it. How blessed she is, though, to have such devoted children. May the Lord guide her healing through and through, so she can go home and enjoy some peace. 

🙏💜🙏

Honored Contributor

The cultures showed nothing bad so that really made us happy.  They thought the fever might be due to the pic-line but they took it out and it seems ok. Sometimes it can be due to a blood clot,  but nothing has shown up.

She was starting to feel much better yesterday but this morning she has another hematoma in her abdomen. It appears quite large on the xray. Her hemoglobin is going down again but not as low as before.  Tomorrow they will have to decide what to do.  They say it is in the pelvic area again and a hard to get to.  Mom has been in for 13 or 14 days now. She is weak and the surgeons really don't want to do surgery.  Hopefully the bleed will stop tonight.

We are all very tired.  Today I had to leave the hospital early as I was having some pain in my chest, arms, and shoulders.  My sister and brother will be there so that is a comfort. 

The grace, compassion, and love you all have extended is beyond amazing.  It does our hearts good to know people still believe so much in prayer and are reaching out to us.  I am overwhelmed with the outpouring of prayers for my mother and family and have unspeakable joy that so many of you are "standing in the gap" for us.

Valued Contributor

@jubilant  I have tried to read your most recent posts regarding your Mother’s recent medical struggles & I am hoping for improvements soon..

I do hope you take this in the way it is intended, but with all these serious, life-threatening issues, have you & your family thought about comfort care for your Mother? It sounds like she has been through so much these last couple of weeks..I am sure her doctors would have no objections to having a informational visit by a hospice nurse or social worker..

In the meantime, I am praying for some relief & peace for your Mom & your family in the coming days.