Respected Contributor

Re: Asking For Prayers For My Mother

@jubilant  That recent post sounds encouraging and its evident that your Mom is a fighter.  Bless her heart, I hope and pray that she gets more relief and some much needed sleep.

Please let her know that she is receiving prayers from all over the country.

Stay strong, your Mom is getting strength from her family to continue her recovery and please take care of yourself, this is a a stressful time.

My parents are also on blood thinners and have to be very careful for any possible cause of bleeding (including just going to the dentist).  My father has a pre-surgery procedure a few years back, and they nicked his insides and he had a rough night, losing blood internally and it is very scary to watch your parents go through that in the hospital, but the doctors found the issue and he is doing just fine now.  Hoping and praying that you have the same result for your dear Mom.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

So thankful for the vital improvements in your mother's overall condition, Jubilant. 

Giving thanks and continuing to pray for Jean and your whole family. 💙

Valued Contributor

@jubilant

Hoping and praying each day brings even better news for you and your mom Smiley Happy

I had sent something too religious in content - so it was removed.  That's okay - I don't want to break any rules.

It was a condensed version of the breastplate of St. Patrick that I consider fail-safe.

May the Almighty continue to hold you near and protect you and your dear mother, Jean.  

Honored Contributor

Mom was moved out of ICU.  Yesterday and today she had started eating again.  Her color seems to be better and her pain is controlled enough that she is getting much needed sleep.  We thought maybe this meant she was on the upswing and were so happy for her.  

I got a call from my sister about an hour ago.  The cardiologist came in and she is showing a problem with her heart.  They may have to do an angioplasty.  She didn't come into the hospital with heart problems but the cardiologist says sometimes when a person has gone through this much stress it does affect the heart.  I am hoping she won't have to have and angioplasty....they have said that is a possibility.  It seems she just gets through one thing and another pops up.  I feel so badly for her.  I had to come home and have a good cry today and just let it out.  I told my sister about all the prayers and thoughts for her at QVC and she was so touched by it, too. 

Respected Contributor

@jubilant Oh dear... I've followed about your sweetest mother, Jean... Heart

FOREVER.jpg

Keeping you and your mother in my thoughts....

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

Will say another prayer for your dear Mom. 

I know it's very hard when you seem to have relief from worry and then another issue pops up.  Please know that my father has had angioplasty, and did very well.   She may have had a heart issue all along and it only became apparent after all the various tests she is having.  None of us really know what health issues we could be carrying around for years until we have tests.

It's good news that she is getting sleep now and is able to eat. That will continue to give her strength. 

And it sounds like she has some great doctors looking after her.  I'm sure the group here will continue to send good thoughts and continue to pray for your Mom as she jumps over this new hurdle.

Honored Contributor

Good news.  My sister just called a little while ago and they did another test on the heart and it came out fine!  They simply said the first one was wrong?????    Poor mom....she said..."this is confusing" but she was happy with the news and so are we!!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant  That is great news!  

Regular Contributor

So thankful your dear mother is eating and sleeping.

Will continue to have you both in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Good news.  My sister just called a little while ago and they did another test on the heart and it came out fine!  They simply said the first one was wrong?????    Poor mom....she said..."this is confusing" but she was happy with the news and so are we!!

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

-Do Not Copy Pls-