Trusted Contributor

Re: Asking For Prayers For My Mother

Hoping they will be able to safely perform the necessary surgery to stop the bleeding, (((Jubilant.))) 

image.jpg

-Selah 

🙏💚

Contributor

Hi Jubilant,

Sending lots of prayers for you and your family. It sounds like you and your siblings are supporting both your mom and each other, which is something your mom probably appreciates a lot. I hope the surgery is successful and that she starts to feel better soon.
Sending you a big hug
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Jubilant,

I am so sorry that your mother has had this unfortunate occurrence.  I will keep you both in my prayers. 

**edited to remove religious content 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant, I'm late in seeing this too. I hope your mom is doing better. At that age, rest will help her most.  I'll be sending prayers for your whole family.  I know how worrisome that can be for all.  We'll be thinking of you all.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant  More prayers for your mom for healing and comfort.  Also praying for your family to remain strong and know that your mother feels your presence by her side.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After being given much blood, mom's  hemoglobin fell drastically again.  I recieved  a phone call asking me for consent over the phone for her to have an immediate procedure.  I gave my consent and made it to the hospital as they were just ready to wheel her down to surgery.They went into an artery and found the "bleeds" and carterized them.  They were happy with the results but said she will have to be watched closely for more bleeds.  It was the blood thinners caused it.  The doctor who did the procedure told us that some people just cannot tolerate blood thinners and she is one of them.  She will not be able to take them again.  Because of this and her not being able to move around and being so idle we are hoping for no blood clots.

The good news is she seems to have shaken the pneumonia and her low sodium levels are slowing rising. They were up to 124 now.  That's still low but they are going up so that's a positive considering all she has faced.   They started giving her stronger pain medicines yesterday so, hopefully,  she will have less pain. She has been in agonizing pain for several days and only getting an hour and a half relief at a time.  The combination they are giving her now is supposed to last for 4 hrs.  We are praying it does.  She is much in need of sleep.  He pain has prohibited that so please pray that today she might sleep with this new pain program.  I appreciate all your posts, your prayers, thoughts, advise and encouragement so very much.  I wish I could answer them all....instead, I send you all a big group hug.

Valued Contributor

I am offering up prayers for your dear mother that God heals her and keeps her pain free.  I recall when my dear mother was so sick, I was terrified but, as an only child, had to remain strong for her. Thank God, they were able to find the source of the bleed. I am praying for you, also.  God bless both of you.  docsgirl

Honored Contributor

Lifting Jean and Jubilant up as I type.  Prayers to you and your family @jubilant

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a scary ordeal for your whole family, Jubilant. Thank goodness the bleeds have been stopped and Jean is rebounding from the pneumonia.

Suppose they can’t do the X-rays just yet in order to find the source of her pain. I am praying the new meds help her get the rest she so needs. 

Hugs and prayers for you, too! We understand you can’t possibly respond to each post. You've been wonderful about keeping us updated in these group posts. Hope you are able to get some rest today, while your mother does. 🌷

Esteemed Contributor

I hope she gets stronger every day..