Honored Contributor

Re: Asking For Prayers For My Mother

[ Edited ]

@jubilant  if the Dr ok's with  it ,she might get ome relief from Biofreeze professional. You can buy it online. We get it at our chiro ,and some people buy it at Walmart.

It is a roll on pain reliever ,good for muscle and bone pain. It's not expensive, and you don't need a scrip

I have a thread about it somewhere on this forum. Many people use it will great satisfaction. it really works for many of us

Trusted Contributor

82CABBF3-039D-4EC4-AE13-8AB293872207.jpeg

And praying for your dear mother, Jean, Jubilant. 💜

Not that arthritis isn’t bad enough, but I would rather it be that than pressure from the fluid in her lungs causing this back pain. Have heard of both, when patients are bedridden. 

Relieved your brother is there, too, to help lift her and massage her back. What a loving family you are blessed with! 

Take your rest whenever possible, dear. 🙏

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant

I'm very sorry to hear of your mother's serious illness and hope that, if bacterial, they've hit upon the correct antibiotic for her.

Prayers being said for your dear Mother, Jean.

God Bless you and your entire family, as you work through this challenge.

Honored Contributor

Mom was eating better today.  She is not coughing nearly as much and has no fever.  She is still having severe back pain.  They want to get her up and moving but can't because every step she takes is excruciating.  I know she has a little arthritis but Mom has never had bad back pain so now they are wondering if something  might be broken.  It looks like she will have to get xrays tomorrow.  She needs to be up and moving. She tried hard to walk today and just can't.  The doctors and nurses seem puzzled.   

Trusted Contributor

@jubilant, I hope that Jean didn't crack a rib, or slip a disk while coughing. This sudden back pain is worrying, especially since they need to get her up and moving. 

image.jpg

Our family is joined with yours in faithful prayers for her recovery. 

Hugs to you! 💜

Respected Contributor

@jubilant Late to this thread but please know that my prayers for your dear Mom are now included with the rest of the group.

She is a fighter just like her daughter and I'm praying too that the doctors can give you some answers for her pain after the x-rays are done.  It sounds encouraging that she has no fever and is able to eat.  

I will continue to say prayers for your Mom and let us know how she is doing when you are able.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Jean and Jubilant.....

26BA0D33-E749-4FA5-BFEE-7EE6502DA5AC.gif

May tomorrow bring answers for the pain, and continued strength and healing from the pneumonia. 

God bless and keep you both. 💗

Valued Contributor

@jubilant

Well, we will just pray that the x-rays do not show anything serious. She could have a muscle that is strained from all her coughing! 

I am just glad she ate better, is alert,  and coughing less now.  I hope you both get healed.  I am referring to another poster who said you were having  a bit of a difficult go yourself.    So, prayers for both of you,Jubilant!  I will pop in again in a day or so and look forward to reading good news Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Mom took a turn for the worse yesterday.  She has been transferred to ICU.  She has a big bleed. Xrays show it's abdominal. Her hemoglobin is down to 5.5.  Her BP's dipped very low.They are giving her a lot of blood.  She is extremely weak but knows us and will respond occassionally. Mostly she can only sleep.

My sister spent the night. All three of us kids were there all day yesterday.

If they can't stop the bleed they will probably have to do surgery.  The good thing is she is not in a lot of pain.  I must go now as I am relieving my sister this morning.  In spite of everything, Mom seems quite at peace.  If she lives...it will take a miracle.  We haven't ruled that out. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant  Thinking of you and your mom during this most difficult time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh