Honored Contributor

Re: Asking For Prayers For My Mother

I am late to this thread ,but I will sincerely add my prayers, to those already expressed ,for your dear mother

Trusted Contributor

🙏 Adding my prayers for your mom, Jean's complete recovery, @jubilant, along with those for your strength. 🙏

Super Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

It was a long day.  Mom's sodium blood levels are at 118. She had a very rough day and has more symptoms than you can imagine.  I believe it was @Tabbycat that mentioned some of the symptoms and she has many of those plus pneumonia.  So far no seizures but really bad choking spells.  She would not eat today.  

Thank you all so much.  I will share your well wishes and prayers with her.  I know she will like that.  Sorry this is so short but I need to go get some rest.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day for her.  Knowing she has all these prayers behind her and before her gives me great consolation.  

Hi @jubilant ... I hope you got some rest. I'm sorry your mom had a rough day.

I really do understand how sick she is with pneumonia and on top of that's a low sodium level.

I drink tomato juice (not the low sodium one) when I feel my sodium dropping. It's salty, maybe see if she will drink a little of that or some v8. I buy the small cans to keep on hand.

If they are trying gatorade that is not going to do it. That's what my doc had me drinking and it was useless. Remember to take care of you, too. We're all praying for your mom and you. ((Hugs)) HeartHeart

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Esteemed Contributor

For Jubilant's MOTHER. 

Heavenly Father~ May it be that our friend's MOTHER, be wrapped in your love to be cared for and kept safe ~ there is, I know, a healing power of  `you, Christ ~ Breathe across her lungs and restore her restoration as you touch her now. Amen.

Sending you love with caring, @jubilant. We have been friends for such a long time. I am saying my prayer, along with my husband, as you did for him.

Love.

Honored Contributor

I just read your prayer request.  Prayers going up for your lovely mother.

Valued Contributor

@jubilant

I have and I will pray for her Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

I will definitely pray for your Mom -- and for you!  Praying that she gets the care she needs.  The fact that she is eating a little is encouraging!

Valued Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I am praying for your mother. In January my 92 year old mother developed a cough which quickly went into pneumonia. I found her on the floor and had her 911 to the hospital. She was there for 8 days, very ill, almost died and the bruising from the fall caused kidney failure. She did pull through, she was 8 days in the hospital and about 20 days in rehabilitation. She is back to base line now. Hang in there, I was exhausted from all of that and running to the hospital and rehab. The most important thing is to advocate for her. She will probably need rehab, I had to be sure that they got her up more than just her exercise time and we brought regular clothes for her to wear so she would feel more normal. I went there every night and walked her a considerable distance down the hall. I also brought her many meals because the food was not that great. 

What a great daughter you are!!  You are so right -- when our elderly loved ones are in a medical setting, it is so important that they have an advocate that is observant and willing to speak up.  I honestly believe that my Mom  would have died one night while hospitalized

had I not been spending the nights with her and been persistent that something was seriously wrong -- and it was. Happy to say that my Mom is still with us -- 94 years young.  

Honored Contributor

Dear @jubilant,    I will lift your mother, Jean, in loving prayer.    I also pray for you and for her health care team.    You are a devoted daughter and an inspirational woman of faith and strength.   Please do be sure to continue to get your rest and self-care.    My love to you.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A rough day for mom..... pain wise.  She is having a lot of back pain and they can't seem to make her comfortable.  There are so many medications she can't be given (for pain) so today they are mixing Tylenol with Aleve  but have put a 10 day limit on that because she takes a blood thinner.  She will have to be watched closely. 

My brother was giving her back rubs trying to relieve some of her pain.  I can't lift as I have a 30 lb. weight limit for my sternum since heart surgery.  Nothing seemed to help. It's probably her arthritis from lack of movement. Her sodium has only gone up from 118 to 120.  They won't send her to a rehab facility till she gets to 129.

She also has fluid in both lungs now.  The doctor told us today that it's going to be a tough road because of her age.  I am hoping because she was in good shape to begin, with she will overcome this.  The fact that some of you have a parent in their 90's that have made it through
.....gives me hope.

Thanks so much for your support everyone.  It's hard to see mom in this much pain.