Honored Contributor

A healthy sense of CALM and PEACE and COMFORT with no "hangoverl or grogginess.

I've used it often, at the recommendation of my terrific pcp.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your comments!  I trust this doctor very much and have been with him for 22 years.  He recommended a particular brand and takes it himself, so I am going to go with this one.  I am hoping that I have some positive results.  He told me to take it for a few weeks and then let him know what I think.  And, of course, if I feel negatively about it or it does not agree, then stop taking it immediately.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee   in another thread discussing Ashwaganda, you mentioned why mine was ineffective and you recommended a specific form.  Now I can't find the thread. Could you please remind me? 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I can't find that thread either! I'm looking.

ETA-

I found that thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Have-You-Taken-Turmeric-and-or-Ginger-Capsules/td-p/7380105/hi...

I posted this in that thread:

Some important things about ashwagandha (abbrev: ASW)...

-look for standardized root extract 

-look for 2.5% withanolides content (withanolides is the active component part of ASW)

-500mg seems to be a widely recommended dail dose 

The patented brand called KSM-66 is the most studied ashwagandha supp out there. It is the standardized version of the supp which provides the most beneficial components needed to give you results.

Thanks so much! 🌷

@SilleeMee   Your thoughts on this, please?  It's by Toniiq.

47E9AF24-DA29-4A36-8EEC-FDD197E130FF.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Ashwagandha Supplement

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee   in another thread discussing Ashwaganda, you mentioned why mine was ineffective and you recommended a specific form.  Now I can't find the thread. Could you please remind me? 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I can't find that thread either! I'm looking.

ETA-

I found that thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Have-You-Taken-Turmeric-and-or-Ginger-Capsules/td-p/7380105/hi...

I posted this in that thread:

Some important things about ashwagandha (abbrev: ASW)...

-look for standardized root extract 

-look for 2.5% withanolides content (withanolides is the active component part of ASW)

-500mg seems to be a widely recommended dail dose 

The patented brand called KSM-66 is the most studied ashwagandha supp out there. It is the standardized version of the supp which provides the most beneficial components needed to give you results.

Thanks so much! 🌷

@SilleeMee   Your thoughts on this, please?  It's by Toniiq.

47E9AF24-DA29-4A36-8EEC-FDD197E130FF.png

@JeanLouiseFinch 

That one looks good to me. I would start with just one cap per day and see how that goes for you. That would be 650mg daily dose. Their recommended dose is 1300mg daily which seems high to me but I can't really say much about it since I've never actually taken any ashwagandha supp. Most of what I've read about dosage says 500mg daily...seems to be a widely acceptable amount.

BTW...I've actually looked at that exact supp you have posted here. Looks like a good one.

Valued Contributor

Many brands give me a headache. But I am using Herbs Etc. brand "Stress ReLeaf" that has some ashwagandha root in it and I do not get a headache from this. It is very calming, but the valerian does make me sleepy if I am already sleepy. HA HA. 

I don't know why you want to take this herb but I have found the Herbs, etc. brand to be excellent. They have their own website and I have tried several things. Seems very high quality and this is the first Ashwagandha that hasn't given me a bad headache. Their "Deep Sleep" is excellent. 

Respected Contributor

Ashwagandha supplements may lower your blood sugar or blood pressure.  If you take medications for diabetes or high blood pressure, Ashwagandha may make you sugar levels or blood pressure go too low. 

Trusted Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

Do you take 2 Goli Ashwaganda gummies at night? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ashwagandha Supplement

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee @JeanLouiseFinch 

Ladies do you think this would be a good replacement for melatonin? Melatonin does help me get to sleep, but it does not help me get more than 3-4 hours of sleep. Melatonin also sometimes causes me to have weird, I mean really weird & vivid dreams. I take a very small dose of the melatonin.

Thanks for any input. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@SilleeMee @JeanLouiseFinch 

Ladies do you think this would be a good replacement for melatonin? Melatonin does help me get to sleep, but it does not help me get more than 3-4 hours of sleep. Melatonin also sometimes causes me to have weird, I mean really weird & vivid dreams. I take a very small dose of the melatonin.

Thanks for any imput. Smiley Happy

@kate2357 

I don't know. All I can say is try it. Just know that it can take days or weeks for the ASW to take affect. Your body has to accumulate a certain amount of it to start feeling it's effect.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thanks for reply. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."