Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the input!  I am finding my energy to be very relaxed after taking this.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

i just order this from amazon. it says 3 caps per day.that seems like a lot.

question to all, how many do you take and what times of day? i have been anxious, for the past year and need something to help sleep and mood.  thanks all!

Trusted Contributor

One thing I have come to realize with herbal and other otc meds is that many of these are serious drugs, natural or not. They require astute study beforehand, and even then there may be some very unpleasant complications if you try them.

I always do research. Unfortunately, the PCPs generally are not educated in most supplements.

Frequent Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

One thing I have come to realize with herbal and other otc meds is that many of these are serious drugs, natural or not. They require astute study beforehand, and even then there may be some very unpleasant complications if you try them.

I always do research. Unfortunately, the PCPs generally are not educated in most supplements.

I agree.  Herbs are really "natural" drugs that may have a posiive benefit but they're not benign.  They are not subject to the strict performance and manufacturing  standards of FDA drugs.  So important to do your homework.  Also chose a manufacturer you trust.  

Honored Contributor

I know this is an old topic but I would like to start it again and ask those of you who were taking it back then if you still are, and if so, do you still like it, find it helpful, or have you had any negative experiences with it since then?  Also, if there any new takers, what your experiences are?

One of my doctors recently recommended this to me because he knows that I don't sleep well and have a lot of anxiety and do not wish to be on prescription meds.  He recommended a partiular brand and says this is the best and that he only wants me to try this one and no other.  He says I should start on a smaller dosage - 650 mg. - one capsule before bed.

Also, those who take this --- do you take with food?  Any stomach upsets?  He said, since I have some stomach issues, I should probably eat with it.  However, I do not like to eat before bed.

Any comments would be appreciated!  Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

I this this every day.  I believe it has made a big difference with sleep.  I only take Nature Wise supplements, but I would be skeptical of any doctor who recommended just one brand.  I am extremely sensitive to medication and supplement, and this does not bother me at all.  I take it around 9pm with no food.  

ash.jpg

Respected Contributor
LESSMAN has added this to Night Time. the new formulation made me awake all night. I took his night tine for years (melatonin supp)

Anyway ashwaghanda may cause insomnia in a small number of users.

Also may want to research a bit as there may be side effects for those with hyperthyroid. Concerns
Honored Contributor

Re: Ashwagandha Supplement

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee   in another thread discussing Ashwaganda, you mentioned why mine was ineffective and you recommended a specific form.  Now I can't find the thread. Could you please remind me? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ashwagandha Supplement

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee   in another thread discussing Ashwaganda, you mentioned why mine was ineffective and you recommended a specific form.  Now I can't find the thread. Could you please remind me? 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I can't find that thread either! I'm looking.

ETA-

I found that thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Have-You-Taken-Turmeric-and-or-Ginger-Capsules/td-p/7380105/hi...

I posted this in that thread:

Some important things about ashwagandha (abbrev: ASW)...

-look for standardized root extract 

-look for 2.5% withanolides content (withanolides is the active component part of ASW)

-500mg seems to be a widely recommended dail dose 

The patented brand called KSM-66 is the most studied ashwagandha supp out there. It is the standardized version of the supp which provides the most beneficial components needed to give you results.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I can't find that thread either! I'm looking.

ETA-

I found that thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Have-You-Taken-Turmeric-and-or-Ginger-Capsules/td-p/7380105/hi...

I posted this in that thread:

Some important things about ashwagandha (abbrev: ASW)...

-look for standardized root extract 

-look for 2.5% withanolides content (withanolides is the active component part of ASW)

-500mg seems to be a widely recommended dail dose 

The patented brand called KSM-66 is the most studied ashwagandha supp out there. It is the standardized version of the supp which provides the most beneficial components needed to give you results.

Thanks so much! 🌷