Esteemed Contributor

Just curious: if you take ashwagandha, how you would describe the positives (or negatives, if you discontinued use).  Of course I understand this is subjective!  I am not relying on this as medical advice!  Curious.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ashwagandha Supplement

[ Edited ]

I have taken Ashwagandha for over 3 years and have only positive things to say about it.  Nothing negative. 

I take it before bed and it assists me greatly in getting a good night's sleep. 

It was recommended to me by my Integrative Medicine MD PCP as an aid for my insomnia.

I wouldn't think of discontinuing it as I have had no negative side effects.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you very much, @pdlinda .  I hope my findings are positive as well; I'm going to start taking it.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I took it for a good while (a year, I think), and honestly felt no difference at all. I tried several different brands as well. I think it's like CBD, it works for some people, and others just don't feel the benefits.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the input, @Effie54 !  There does seem to be discussion of formulation (with or w/out black pepper, etc) and strength.  I may have to play around with it.

I have noticed different effects with different brands in other supplements.  We'll see, and again, thanks for sharing your experience.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

My sister loves it and says it helps her focus her mind. But for me, it gives me a headache. Have tried several brands and they all do this. Go onto The Vitamin Shoppe website or Dr Mercola website and see what brands and strengths they have. Or go to a local health food shop.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been taking this for some months. I notice the biggest difference in a good night's sleep, and in getting there.

And anything to add to antioxidant protection - I'm all in.

Trusted Contributor

I had a very bad reaction to this. I suffer from moderate depression and chronic insomnia.

I tried a rather expensive and well reviewed potent brand from Amazon. After a couple of weeks on it, I was overcome by daily crying episodes that went on for hours. My PCP didn't think ashwagandha was the cause, but after I stopped taking it, the constant crying went away.

Respected Contributor

I like to use it and I also take 1/2 dose of Maca 5 days a week (give my body a break with supplements) I am PeriMeno and this is very helpful to me

Valued Contributor

Re: Ashwagandha Supplement

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbay magnolia  I've been taking the Ashwagandha Gummies by Goli for about a little over a month and I can truly say that I am sleeping 100% better. A real deep sleep. I don't think it's coincidental...So,I am attributing it to the Ashwagandha gummies.I also take the ACV Gummies by Goli..love them too!