Super Contributor

Re: As you get older are you finding that...

I'm afraid I've inherited the family "fussy tummy". I'm still in my 40's but I haven't been able to drink milk for years, and I can't eat raw spinache, kale, or arugula without serious acid indigestion. 

Also (and this is random) I haven't been able to eat candy corn since I was a child! For some reason I feel totally awful if I eat even a few. 

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl 

I chose to get healthy so I have eliminated processed foods and foods that are not appropriate for my body to be consuming. I don’t have any problems with the real foods I eat. 

On a good day, humans can’t really digest corn completely. Some people tolerate it better than others but it is a fact. Our digestive system isn’t made to do that. I don’t recall it ever being a problem for me but it has been many years since I ate any.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl 

Only 1, and that is apples. My foods daily are almost exactly as the day before the day before. Nothing cooked and most as close to natural as possible. They are also completely carbohydrates, and are about 80% of my food intake. That's about it for me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

First summer without corn on the cob. Had to give it up. Ended up on a antibiotic after eating it due to an intentional infection.....not worth it.

Honored Contributor

Yes!!!  I can't eat foods with tomato sauce really often -- and this is sad for me because I love tomato sauce!!!  Also, anything with a lot of spices.  Raw onions really bother me.  A lot of milk products, too.  

I've also noticed that some things I used to love, I no longer care for.  And I'm liking foods I never liked!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I can't eat as much at one time anymore--not that I pig out every chance I get . I have to eat very much smaller quantities especially for dinner.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely, I think it's part of normal aging.

Esteemed Contributor

No problems lately, but when I had my gall bladder out - wow.  

Regular Contributor

Yes, bananas! Never bothered me before.

Valued Contributor

This brings back memories of my granfather always saying to me when I  was in my 20's and dieting, enjoy your food now because one day as you get older it's not going to enjoy you and you won't be able to eat certain foods thankfully haven't had that problem yet and I am a senior  

Just the other day made pork chops and heard my husband say just can't eat like I use to,left some I finished his  as it tasted so good.