Valued Contributor

I have taken Naproxin which has been the only thing that helped me but I had thee worst winter in my spine and bones that I have ever had. dr prescribed Meloxican. I cant see that much difference and am curently going to chiropractor who has suggeste CBD oil without the THC.

beckyblu

Super Contributor

@redbird what milligram is the turmeric you take?

Honored Contributor

Neck/back/2 spinal surgeries/3 fingers both hands, all arthritic. Can't take anything that thins the blood. Rules out all NSAID/Anti-inflammatory, leaves Acetaminophen. Does little most of the time.

john(hckynut)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Tylenol w/codeine in the AM and Aspercreme ... if your hands bother you, use it as a hand cream.   I also like the Salon Pas roll on with lidocaine, or the  patches.   I take Aleve PM at night.   

I was on Enbrel for 4 years and stopped, but am going back on it.  I didn't realize how much it actually helped until I stopped.

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I use Andrew Lessman's Glucosamine & Chondroitin vitamins.  I also have found success with Australian Dream cream and have just ordered Voltarin from Amazon. I haven't received it yet.  Both of my knees are arthritic. 

@stellabystarlight 

If anyone has a shellfish allergy, stay away from chondroitin ... it's a derivative of shellfish.

Honored Contributor
@nana59

Tylenol, and externally depending on location - lidocaine patch, or roll-on such as Stop Pain. Doc recommended patches. I hadn’t used them before. They work well on places where patch fits.
Honored Contributor

I also use Stopain. Roll on. 

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of great advice here.  It's best if you can take an anti inflammatory, as I agree with others Tylenol doesn't cut it.  I always joke that it's a placebo, LOL.   I broke my tailbone when I was 16 years old and it has come to back to bite me in the butt.  At age 60 now I suffer daily with the arthritis I now have in that area.  I do my best to keep up with my work out routines and my domestic duties.  Thankfully I am still able to.  Some days are better than others but I find Excedrin (extra strength) works well for me.  I do also use the Thermacare heat wraps for very diffuclt days such as this weekend which has been rainy and cold in the northeast.  It really helps and you can keep it on for up to 8 hours.  I do also take Andrew Lessman's turmeric capsules with a multivitamin daily.

@nana59 I hope you find some relief.  

Valued Contributor

I have the same as you -- psoriatic and osteo arthritis. When it gets unGodly painful, I use Aleve OTC. But I don't use it often because I also have GERD. For me, keeping active is the best medicine, but it isn't easy.

Briggsie

Esteemed Contributor

@Junker2327 wrote:

I have taken Naproxin which has been the only thing that helped me but I had thee worst winter in my spine and bones that I have ever had. dr prescribed Meloxican. I cant see that much difference and am curently going to chiropractor who has suggeste CBD oil without the THC.

beckyblu

CBD oil without THC was ineffective for me....but i know others have had good results.....