Respected Contributor

I use Andrew Lessman's Turmeric and Glucosamin/Condroiton.  I have Osteoarthritis/Osteopenia with lots of pain. I used to take Hydrocodon too and took myself off it.  It is addictive.  I've had back surgery and get lots of pain up my spine.  I also have degenerative disc disease so nothing much helps.  My suggestion is take whatever helps as life is short and the quality of life doesn't last forever.

Respected Contributor

When I first had joint pain from my lupus my doc prescribed Naproxen for me which worked really well. When it went OTC as Aleve I continued to use it for almost 30 years. But now my docs don't want me to take it because it affects my kidney function and contributes to bleeding. I take hydroxychloroquine for the lupus and it keeps the artheitis down pretty well but I still have pain in my back and hands for which I'm taking nothing. Tylenol really does nothing for me.

Honored Contributor

@redbird    I have chronic knee and back pain and find Voltaren first thing in the morning helps a lot. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@nana59 @PinkyPetunia  

i agree with Aleve being very effective. It is the one I use when the pain is really, really bad. It will do a number on your stomach. Take with food.

ITA about Aleve (Naproxen).  It's the only OTC pain med I keep on hand.

I have arthritis in several areas, some worse than others.  One thing I've had success with for much of it was to eat some cherries each day.  I'd eat 8 or 9 cherries a day and the next thing I knew, especially the sites that are the worst, I found I was having little to no pain.

I've gotten out of the habit, so I'm having some issues but I plan to get back on it   Off season, I just buy bags of frozen cherries.  Each day I'd take a few out, put them in a L&L, and in the refrigerator to thaw out for the next day.

I hope my grocery store has Canadian cherries again this year.  Those were the absolutely bests cherries I've ever had.  My next door neighbor has a cherry tree and it also makes some really awesome cherries but, for some reason (I know little to nothing about gardening), you don't get fruit every year.

Honored Contributor

For those who suffer from Arthritis, google the title below and watch a short 11 minute video...

ARTHRITIS: Is Your Diet Causing It? [Or Making It Worse?]

Honored Contributor

Re: Arthritis Pain

[ Edited ]

Turmeric works for me but not just any turmeric. I look for one with 100% curcumin extract (standardized to 95% purity) + black pepper added to it for absorption in the gut. Be sure to read the label carefully. If you see 'blends', 'blended with' or 'proprietary' that's a good indication the supp contains a mixture of turmeric spice root powder (cheap stuff) and extract (expensive stuff) which would be reflected in the lower price. Pure extract is what you want b/c that contains the active component (curcumin or curcuminoid) which is what gives us relief from pain/inflammation. Recommended amount is approx 1500 mg daily, usually divided into 2 or 3 doses taken with food.

Some people say that turmeric never worked for them. That might be b/c they weren't taking the extract but rather the root powder. Another reason why some say it doesn't work could be b/c their dose was too low. Dosage is important.

Currently I am taking this one from amazon. The price is outstanding for what you are getting here.

Pure By Nature Turmeric Curcuminoids with Black Pepper Extract 100% Organic

81v0V7dksvL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Pure By Nature Turmeric Curcuminoids with Black Pepper Extract 100% Organic

Respected Contributor

I use Andrew Lessman's Glucosamine & Chondroitin vitamins.  I also have found success with Australian Dream cream and have just ordered Voltarin from Amazon. I haven't received it yet.  Both of my knees are arthritic. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Arthritis Pain

[ Edited ]

I love love love curcumin or turmeric. I use Jarrow 95 and take two pills a day, separated. It has cut my pain in half but not all brands work for me. Do not buy cheap drugstore brands. I will sometimes use Tylenol arthritis and take only one so the hit on my liver and kidneys isn't too hard, but it is not as good as an NSAID which I am not supposed to take any longer. There are prescription NSAIDs but I am now off of them due to severe gastritis caused by them! I have pain every day and the inflammation caused by the COVID vaccine has kicked my rear. Depending on your area of pain, I suggest many things. I love far infrared socks and gloves for my pain. Sometimes I sleep in them. I will use Tommy Copper socks and knee sleeve but buy larger than you need so it doesn't compress. I use pain patches, they really help but don't fit every area of the body. Salsa past has an NSAID in it, Tiger Balm regular has a spicy feel, lidocaine patches also. Aspir cream lidocaine patches stick to my skin best but Salanpas lidocaine is good also. CVS brand slides off my skin. There is now an NSAID over the counter cream, Voltaren. My gastro lets me use NSAID patches or the cream but not the pills. I have also tried a lidocaine cream, so so and a capcasin cream which was great until I took a hot bath 10 hour later. It deadens the nerves and he bath made them come alive, terrible pain. I sometimes use an Arnica cream, Arnicare from any drugstore but it does Work for me like it works for my sisters arthritis. Arnicare works like magic on bruises, 4x a day.And I have two herbal remedies that help me with pain to a certain extent: Herbaprofen by Herbs, Etc is my favorite. Their are anti-inflammatory products advertised on radio show that can be extremely helpful as the pain is often from the inflammation. With all these things, use a non-google search engine like duck duck go and do your research. Google is now limiting search results about natural products. Also, clean up your diet, and avoid alcohol, sugar, nightshade foods and oaxalic acid food. All of this flairs my arthritis up. Good luck to you,

Regular Contributor

Voltaren has saved me so many times.  I use it wherever the pain is.  I use it on my hands every night.  If you get it on your palms, be sure to wipe it off.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee Thank you for sharing the exact one that you order from Amazon. I just ordered it myself to give it a try. Thanks!