Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

For some of these med's, if they are dangerous to use around our pets, please let us know.  I haven't heard of some of these names, so I'd appreciate a head's up.

@qualitygal 

Sorry, but I'm not clear what you mean .... are you thinking a pet might get into a bottle of pills .... or what?

Honored Contributor

If we drop a pill, and the pet is faster than I am, I'm leary of the potential threat.  Xytol for instance, will kill your pet.  Hope I spelled that right. @Tinkrbl44 

Honored Contributor

I was thinking you might have been referring to topicals.  Once a doc was going to recommend a topical and I refused because I have a dog and a bird, both of whom I handle frequently, and I was afraid that there could be problems with them having contact.

Respected Contributor

can't use OTC pain meds because I have auto-immune hepatitis that has progessed to cirrosis of the liver...and doctor won't prescribe pain meds. So I'm s**ewed.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Per my doc's ok I've always taken acetaminophen which really helps and I use Salon Pas patches which reallly help with joint pain.

I meant to add that I've been using Salon Pas patches too and they're pretty effective so at last I have that.

Respected Contributor
Bayer Back & Body or mix 1 of those with 1 extra strength Tylenol. My doc recommended & it really works for 8 hrs.
Frequent Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I was thinking you might have been referring to topicals.  Once a doc was going to recommend a topical and I refused because I have a dog and a bird, both of whom I handle frequently, and I was afraid that there could be problems with them having contact.

Good point @chickenbutt

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Turmeric works for me but not just any turmeric. I look for one with 100% curcumin extract (standardized to 95% purity) + black pepper added to it for absorption in the gut. Be sure to read the label carefully. If you see 'blends', 'blended with' or 'proprietary' that's a good indication the supp contains a mixture of turmeric spice root powder (cheap stuff) and extract (expensive stuff) which would be reflected in the lower price. Pure extract is what you want b/c that contains the active component (curcumin or curcuminoid) which is what gives us relief from pain/inflammation. Recommended amount is approx 1500 mg daily, usually divided into 2 or 3 doses taken with food.

Some people say that turmeric never worked for them. That might be b/c they weren't taking the extract but rather the root powder. Another reason why some say it doesn't work could be b/c their dose was too low. Dosage is important.

Currently I am taking this one from amazon. The price is outstanding for what you are getting here.

Pure By Nature Turmeric Curcuminoids with Black Pepper Extract 100% Organic

81v0V7dksvL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Pure By Nature Turmeric Curcuminoids with Black Pepper Extract 100% Organic

@SilleeMee   Just wanted to say that you are always a great source of information!! Thank you for always giving us great information and keeping us informed about ingredients. It’s appreciated! 😊

Honored Contributor

You're welcome! Woman Happy @wvumountiefan 

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:
Bayer Back & Body or mix 1 of those with 1 extra strength Tylenol. My doc recommended & it really works for 8 hrs.

@brandiwine 

Reminds me of the formula for Excedrin Migrane, which has been around for years.  250 mg of aspirin, 250 mg of acetominaphin and a smidge of caffeine.