Honored Contributor

Re: Are you going to appointments?

Yes---have gone to my dentist, chiropractor, onc dr. and primary dr. these are very important appts for me. gotta keep tuning up this ole bod!!!!

Honored Contributor

I had my annual wellness exam with my doctor back in June.  I had my eye appointment with my eye doctor in either late June or early July.  I had to have an MRI at the hospital about a month ago.  

I was at the hospital yesterday for bloodwork and in about 2 weeks I have to have a minor procedure done so I will have to be Covid tested a couple of days beforehand.

I have had my hair cut and colored 3 times since salons re-opened in May and I have been having my nails done every 3 weeks since they re-opened in May.  I go tomorrow again as a matter of fact. 

Obviously doctor's and hospitals have very strict protocols but I've noticed salons are starting to loosen up.  No temps taken anymore although masks are required and there is plexiglass up between the customer and nail tech and there is only 1 person per row where 3 people could normally sit.      

Respected Contributor

So far this month, I've had Covid test, mammogram,teeth cleaned, and just yesterday, colonoscopy. Whew, glad this month is about over with. I'm in the high risk group also, and felt safe.

Honored Contributor

Yes - been to dentist twice  (and going back again week after next).

Went to ENT and audiologist Wednesday - also going back in two weeks.

Been going to church since July 4th.  

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs   I guess you have to weigh your fear level and with where you live.

In my area, it's business as usual for me except I have to wear a mask...state mandate.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since July I've seen my nephrologist, cardiologist, dentist, and opthalmologist.  Next week will have annual visit with primary care doc, then mammography.

All facilities are exercising precautions and so am I.  I feel OK going to these appointments.  For me it is riskier to neglect medical care by skipping important office visits.

Respected Contributor

I've gone to the dentist, no issues. I'm supposed to go to my pcp next month if they finally open their office. Their lab is open for blood work but nothing else. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, my husband and I are back on track with our appts.  

A friend has been doing our hair here at home for nearly 10 years; we just wear masks now.   

I had dental and medical appts in July.  Felt very safe at both.    

My husband has had one appt at the VA already, and has another one coming up in Sept.   

I resumed my pedicure appts; very small shop, just the 2 of us inside, wearing masks.    

We have not eaten inside a restaurant; still getting carry out from Outback and Bob Evans.  

Super Contributor

Yes, I've had doctor, dentist, and hair appointments since early May. Interestingly, the place that seemed the most strict was our dog's vet! They don't let the pet owners come in at all. They come right out to your car and get your pet for you! 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

I have been going every month for my B-12 shot. Had my blood drawn at 1 of them for my Iron Ferritin number, which is done every 3 months. One of the visits was also for my 6 month checkup by my Hemotolohist, a doctor. 

So yes, I have been going to the hospital every month, and I think my 3 month Iron blood draw will be done along with my B-12 shot, in early September. 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)