Frequent Contributor

Re: Are you going to appointments?

I have a cleaning appointment scheduled at the dentist next week and I thought about skipping this visit.  My husband had his teeth cleaned and said they don't do some of the normal procedures like polishing which I totally understand.  I was wondering if it was worth going since it won't be as comprehensive as in the past.  I would only skip this one time and would definitely go six months from now.  For those who have had their teelth cleaned, did you think it was worthwhile?

I have an appointment scheduled with my PCP the following week and have no thoughts of cancelling that appointment.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac I'm trying (and failing!) to come up to some cute or snide response to your post about going to the eye doctor, since your nickname has an eye as part of it. Something like, "yes, I can see you have a problem in one of your eyes...."  Smiley LOL

But my sense of humor has dried up for today or my brain is just not in gear. Heart

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler   Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

No, with the suggestion of my doc.

Annual blood test due in Sept. 

I'll have first to figure out what's happening, healthwise, in our area.

And, of course, wishing and hoping that we're hopefully all  somewhat healthy during that time.

Good luck, everyone.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I just started going back in July and went to another appointment last week.   I'm having some tests done at the hospital this Monday.   Trying to be as safe as I can.Man Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I've been going since May 1st the day we opened up. Dentist, hairdresser, eye doctor, shopping, restaurants eating inside (our restaurants didn't do outside dining because it's been over 110 degrees for 50 days, maybe we can eat outside this winter) etc. no problems. I've pretty much returned to normal and we were the epicenter for a while but that didn't stop me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a televisit by video with my doctor for a routine checkup.

DH and I had to go to an optometrist a few months ago for the first time.  Got consecutive appointments, only 1 person allowed in at a time (each waited in car until it was our turn).  Everyone wore masks, temp taken, etc.  Did the vision tests, then met with optometrist for more tests and exam.  We each needed glasses.  Very strict protocols in place - could not touch any frames - we could indicate which ones we wanted to try on.  After we tried on, handed back to assistant for sanitizing.  

ETA - I have not been to the salon for hair cut or color, or a mani since this started.  With a pre-existing condition, the risk is simply not worth it to me, as much as I would love to go.

Respected Contributor

Yes. Since things re-opened in early June, I've gone to all of my appointments. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I'm high risk and have no problem going to my doctor appointments and hair appointments. I only had one televisit with my doctor because that was in the midst of this "pandemic". 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I go to dentist, doctor and salon.  All proper precautions are taken and i have had no worries.

I avoid church, stores and gym.  Actually, except for outdoor classes, I think the gyms are still closed here.