Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Are you getting enough sleep?

On 12/1/2014 RedTop said: I sleep great, no complaints at all.

That is so wonderful!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I am striving for that!

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I have no big secret as to how and why I sleep so well. I don't do, or take anything to make me sleep. I go to bed, and my husband swears I am asleep within 2 minutes, and I sleep until daylight. I do not get tired during the day, and I never need a nap. The probable reason I sleep well is because I listen to my body. When I start yawning, I go to bed, even if it's only 8 pm, because I know my body is letting me know it's tired---I never fight the signs from my body. Now that I'm retired, I usually go to bed at 11:15 pm, and am always awake @ 6 am. On days I know I am staying home, I don't push myself to get moving, so I might not get up until 8:00. My bedroom is set up strictly for sleeping; blackout curtains, no clock, no tv, and I never read in the bedroom. Therefore my body knows that when I get in my bed, I am there to sleep. Anything that's on my mind, I deal with before I ever go to bed; I do not go to bed with a head full of thoughts. I also never eat after 7pm.
Honored Contributor

My bedroom is not set up to sleep. A lot of good points RED. I see where I might need to make a few changes. Thanks.

Super Contributor

I generally sleep pretty well and try to get at least 7 hours per night.

I try to take a short nap on Sunday afternoons.

Honored Contributor

Haven't slept well for many years, at most maybe 5 hours nightly. It is not unusual for me to be up at 3am, always by 4am. I go to bed by 10pm, no trouble falling asleep at all, but can't sleep any longer due to back hurting. I am always tired, but don't take naps for fear of it causing me more problems sleeping at night. I would not know what is would feel like to be rested.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I used to be able to sleep for a solid 8 hours but once I reached my mid-50's, I just turned 60, I can only get a solid 6 hours of sleep. I do get tired during the day and if I'm home I may take a nap since it doesn't matter whether I take a nap or not during the day, I still will only sleep for 6 hours. I've tried not eating or drinking anything after dinner and nothing really works. I haven't tried sleep aids since I figure, if I'm getting a solid 6 hours, that will have to do.