Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Are colds and viruses running through your household?

@NickNack   Thank you for your kind words.  I really appreciate it.

Esteemed Contributor

Taking it easy for the rest of the day and taking tomorrow off work. tonsilitis and acute respiratory infection. Doc told me I must NOT have slowed down after first bought of cold. He is correct. Thanks for reminders about use of peroxide. The spray bottle is terrific. Husband's aim isn't as good as it used to be -- sorry if I offend -- so I spray on the sides of the commode and around the floor. Doc said there have been 2 confirmed cases of flu in my town - so good that I had my flu shot. She was concerned this winter wouldn't be easy for some areas. I'm sorry about the sick pet and the cold that's hung on. Stay healthy!   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@dex thank you for your concern. Feeling better that my crud isn't strep. A  mental thing, no doubt. Grandson, 13 months, is slow to drain, but more active and back at daycare.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Nope!  Nothing!  That's because I live alone with 2 cats.  I'm so paranoid about getting sick I constantly use hand sanitizer, I don't touch my eyes or nose or mouth.  The minute I get into my car I put on hand sanitizer.

I have a blood disorder where I don't have much immunity.  I must be careful because if I get sick it lasts for a very long time.

I periodically have to have infusions.  The one other thing I do is if my daughter (who lives about 1/2 to 45 minutes away is sick or one of her 4 children, I don't go near there.

I always say "Kids are like petri dishes....germs just waiting to transmit".  Ha!

Honored Contributor

I forgot to add I have bad allergies to mold.  In Va we're coming up on the time of year when the leaves fall.  

That black stuff on the leaves is mold.  THAT's what makes me very sick.  I have some home remedies the Dr told me to do to help.

Sometimes what people think are colds are actually allergies, not a cold at all.

Honored Contributor

Hi @jeanlake ,

First I hope you and your husband stay well. Since our only kids have 4 legs and fur, and are indoors only, my wife and I are a bit safer. Much of my human contacts are not someone i touch, but do breathe the same air. 

Neither of us have had a sickness, like the flu, recently. Other health related issues, yes and that would be my wife. Fortunately after going to the ER it was short lived and did not require her to undergo another major surgery.

My best to you,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

No colds.  Fall allergies but no colds or viruses.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake  Nope. I'm 71 and had my last cold over 10 years ago and none since. No colds, no viruses, nothing. And during flu season I go out in public as little as possible. It's worked so far!

My DS and his family seem to get a cold and of course pass it all around to each other a few times a year.