Honored Contributor

Re: Are any of your doctors still doing video visits?

Mine is.  I had to have a telehealth visit about a month ago.  I'm not sure what would have happened if it would have been something more serious than what I had.  

Honored Contributor

All of them only do video or telephone visits unless it's for something that requires a physicial visit.  It's been that way since March or April of last year.  Hubby and I work for hospitals and my good friend is physician in private practice.  It's the way things are done now and patients don't havea  choice in the matter.  I live in state that takes the virus seriously and they can control transmission by keeping people home away from other people and not having people bring the virus into the waiting and exam rooms of physicians.  Remember, many people who have the virus have not symptoms or have very mild, vague symptoms.  And then there are the people who just selfish and don't care. Having said that, the vast majority of patients love video and telephone visits.  They get appointments quickly and at the time they choose. They are more relaxed when they are at home so the quality of the visits is much better.  My friend says that she particularly likes video and telephone visits because her patients are reaching out to her when they begin experiencing issues and not waiting until things get serious or until they come in for they yearly physicals.  These types of visits are here to stay but I do think that when the virus is no longer a threat, patients will be given a choice.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.

Although they were willing to schedule me for a colonoscopy.  Vaccines have been destributed to health care providers who wanted them.  

I have not been vaccinated.  They will have to wait for me. 

Do the math.