Frequent Contributor
Oh my! This sounds serious! I hope you are ok, please keep us posted.
Regular Contributor

Rebecca, what IS this bug that makes your lungs bleed. This is a new one to me. I was equally as sick, as was Paul. I went to the emergency room with coughing up blood. Paul feels I was on the verge of pneumonia. The antibiotics seemed to do the trick, though. I didn't get out of bed for two weeks. Then it took a week before I got my strength back. I sure hope you're feeling better.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/6/2015 Glass Lady K said:

Rebecca, what IS this bug that makes your lungs bleed. This is a new one to me. I was equally as sick, as was Paul. I went to the emergency room with coughing up blood. Paul feels I was on the verge of pneumonia. The antibiotics seemed to do the trick, though. I didn't get out of bed for two weeks. Then it took a week before I got my strength back. I sure hope you're feeling better.

Hi Glass,

Went to the Urgent Care Center, which is in the same building as my Internist. My left lower lobe didn't sound too good, so off I went for two films. Sure enough, "it is suspicious for pneumonia" and on the way out, my doc said he wanted to check my pulse ox again. He places it on my finger, gets a rather low reading so asks me to walk with him, which made my oxygen level go down further. "OK, he says," we're not waiting 2-3 days to see where this goes. You're going on antibiotics today." Plus I have a freaking sinus infection, too. And, my internist's office messed up my pain med refill, so everything hurts even more from all the coughing. Oh the pain... God, please make me better.

My husband just doesn't get it about this illness. He still thinks I have this little cold. Go figure. I'm sick as a dog and he's making faces at me. Arrrrrgh!

Regular Contributor

Hi Rebecca, I think I too was on the verge of pneumonia, thus, the antibiotics helped. They took my oxygen levels too and they were low. I've been feeling well for a few days now. There is an end to this, but you'll need a lot of sleep to get your strength back.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/8/2015 Glass Lady K said:

Hi Rebecca, I think I too was on the verge of pneumonia, thus, the antibiotics helped. They took my oxygen levels too and they were low. I've been feeling well for a few days now. There is an end to this, but you'll need a lot of sleep to get your strength back.

Hi Glass,

I was placed on doxycycline and it's not doing a thing, so back I go to urgent care tomorrow per their instructions. They'll need to try another antibiotic. In the meantime I finally got my pain meds, which I really needed, because all this coughing had made 2/3 of my left head just so very painful with migraine pain.

Stay well!

Regular Contributor

The doctor at the hospital prescribed Amoxacilin for my bug. It took about a week for me to start feeling better. Now I'm feeling great (except for the pain in my back, hip and neck (which I had x-rayed yesterday. I think I was glowing when I got home. I also had a mamo. That "Mychart" sure works well. I had been home 3 hours, when I got an e-mail from my doctor telling me my mamo looked good.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/10/2015 Glass Lady K said:

The doctor at the hospital prescribed Amoxacilin for my bug. It took about a week for me to start feeling better. Now I'm feeling great (except for the pain in my back, hip and neck (which I had x-rayed yesterday. I think I was glowing when I got home. I also had a mamo. That "Mychart" sure works well. I had been home 3 hours, when I got an e-mail from my doctor telling me my mamo looked good.

I absoloutely LOVE MyChart!!! The results of my cervical MRI from right before pneumonia were forwarded to me in their entirety, which would have bveen quite rare even 3 years ago.

Changed antibiotics to Augmentin. Feeling a bit better today. Started week 3 yesterday, so am anxious to say goodby to this thing.

Glass, I know you've had major pain for some time and hope these radiological studies are able to shed some light on the issues and maybe even a plan for treatment.

Several months ago, I had to have films taken of my lower abdomen and they caught my hips. Was told that my hips look good. That was so nice to hear, I can tell you, after all this business with my back and knee.

I do pray that things work out for you.

Gosh, your wedding is almost upon you! Are you jumping out of your skin with excitement? What are you wearing? You may have mentioned it at some point, but I've forgotten.

Take care and God Bless, Glass.

Regular Contributor

Hi Rebecca. I would be excited about the wedding if I wasn't wondering how I'm going to get down the isle. I'm hoping that taking my son's arm will do the trick. I also invited my Granddaughter to take me down the isle.

I so wish they could figure out just what's wrong with my legs, and now my hip. This is getting depressing, *sigh*. It's so hard, always thinking about "if I can get there". It seems to control my life. Here I am, going on this fabulous trip and I may not be able to go on any of the side trips because. "I can't get there". I'm trying to console myself with maybe massages instead. I think I'm going to have a serious talk with my doctor. It's been 6 years with this leg problem. For instance, I made an involved dinner the other night and by the time I was finished, I was in agony. I can't seem to do anything I want to do. But I do try to have a good attitude but sometimes.....

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/13/2015 Glass Lady K said:

Hi Rebecca. I would be excited about the wedding if I wasn't wondering how I'm going to get down the isle. I'm hoping that taking my son's arm will do the trick. I also invited my Granddaughter to take me down the isle.

I so wish they could figure out just what's wrong with my legs, and now my hip. This is getting depressing, *sigh*. It's so hard, always thinking about "if I can get there". It seems to control my life. Here I am, going on this fabulous trip and I may not be able to go on any of the side trips because. "I can't get there". I'm trying to console myself with maybe massages instead. I think I'm going to have a serious talk with my doctor. It's been 6 years with this leg problem. For instance, I made an involved dinner the other night and by the time I was finished, I was in agony. I can't seem to do anything I want to do. But I do try to have a good attitude but sometimes.....

Oh, Glass, I wish I had a magic wand and could swipe away your pain.

I've had horrible pain upon static standing on two clinical occasions: one was relevant to the damage to the L5-S1 nerve root. And, the second was neuropathy (bad, bad) just static stand for one second. This occurred after I returned home after the low back surgery. I was placed on a special medication for this pain.

Yes, it is time to have a really serious talk with your physician. I don't mean to be pushing a particular med or two, but there are been developments in creating drugs that target specific type of nerve pain. The best of luck to you there. We all want you to have the best honeymoon possible. You NEED some help here. Tell that to your doc!

Love ya - God Bless

Regular Contributor

Thanks Rebecca. I do have an appointment with my doctor, week after next. I did make an appointment. We need to have that talk.

I saw Montell Williams on Dr. Oz, talking about how he got rid of his MS pain. He was following the directions of a doctor who wrote a book. I ordered the book and will see if it could help me.

Love 'ya. Glass