Respected Contributor

Re: Are Medicinal Mushrooms the New Kale?

Found this old thread and wondered if any of you have had experience with these medicinal mushrooms in the ensuing 2 years? I have been taking htem for only a month, but have seen some positive results...Mushroom Defense Formula is what I have been using.

Any one else have any experience/feedback on this?

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Found this old thread and wondered if any of you have had experience with these medicinal mushrooms in the ensuing 2 years? I have been taking htem for only a month, but have seen some positive results...Mushroom Defense Formula is what I have been using.

Any one else have any experience/feedback on this?

@Mothertrucker  As I had stared this thread, to answer your question, Myself and my DH continue to have great health since the thread started....not even a cold or the sniffles!  I personally take mushrooms not only for immunity against viruses, but to protect against cancers of all kinds.  I know that I can not say they CURE anything.....but, I am saying PREVENTION which is MY GOAL.  As far as CURING disease, I have my own beliefs on that and will keep my lips zipped so as not to upset those who will cone down on me for saying such a thing.

I also give Mushroom powder to my sweet doggies in their dinner daily. 🤗

Honored Contributor

I don't take any kind of mushroom supp. But I do eat nutritional yeast which contains many similar benefits of mushrooms...and I love the taste of the yeast. I started eating the yeast to curb my cravings for cheese, which I gave up, and it works. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks! I am very impressed so far....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't take any kind of mushroom supp. But I do eat nutritional yeast which contains many similar benefits of mushrooms...and I love the taste of the yeast. I started eating the yeast to curb my cravings for cheese, which I gave up, and it works. 

@SilleeMee  I LOVE nutritional yeast as well!  It is so good in soup, on salad and my favorite thing use to be on popcorn, but, I had to quit eating popcorn as it upset my tummy.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Here is just one great website that talks about the advantages of using medicinal mushrooms in your daily diet.  I have been adding these to my morning beverage for many years. 

@SeaMaiden

Just a heads-up, folks, that mushrooms, as well as kale and related dark green vegetables are contraindicated for those suffering from kidney disease or any form of anything relative to the kidneys.

Think 10 times before caving in to what is probably a new craze not based on solid science.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Here is just one great website that talks about the advantages of using medicinal mushrooms in your daily diet.  I have been adding these to my morning beverage for many years. 

@SeaMaiden

Just a heads-up, folks, that mushrooms, as well as kale and related dark green vegetables are contraindicated for those suffering from kidney disease or any form of anything relative to the kidneys.

Think 10 times before caving in to what is probably a new craze not based on solid science.

@sfnative  Everyone who has a  medical history needs to be aware of what they are eating, drinking, what supplements they are using etc. That is just common sense.  mushrooms are nothing new. Nor is kale.   They are not a craze. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Yesterday I popped some Food for Life sprouted corn shells in the oven then put down a thin layer of guac, chili beans, and slaw to top it off....my kind of a cleanse!!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Yesterday I popped some Food for Life sprouted corn shells in the oven then put down a thin layer of guac, chili beans, and slaw to top it off....my kind of a cleanse!!

@phoenixbrd  Sounds good! And lots of fiber...healthy fats and plant based protein YUM😋

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@phoenixbrd  Sounds good! And lots of fiber...healthy fats and plant based protein YUM😋

Sounds good!

@phoenixbrd , something like this?

If so, trivia time!

Which 2 foods below rank the same (% of calories)

in which category (carbohydrate, protein, fat)?  

2ED9B5D9-F993-4E5B-BECB-082D57899F99.jpeg