Honored Contributor

Are Medicinal Mushrooms the New Kale?

Here is just one great website that talks about the advantages of using medicinal mushrooms in your daily diet.  I have been adding these to my morning beverage for many years. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Are Medicinal Mushrooms the New Kale?

Nope...not the 'new Kale.'

Kale is a food...a real food...full vitamins & minerals that helps heal our endothelium.

MedMushrooms are just a fad.  

All the talk about special farming & detailed manufacturing just makes it appear exclusive...like it has special 'magic' powers.   Someone is making a lot of money off of this.

Just go eat a Portabello. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Nope...not the 'new Kale.'

Kale is a food...a real food...full vitamins & minerals that helps heal our endothelium.

MedMushrooms are just a fad.  

All the talk about special farming & detailed manufacturing just makes it appear exclusive...like it has special 'magic' powers.   Someone is making a lot of money off of this.

Just go eat a Portabello. 

@sidsmom    Go eat a Snickers Bar...you know you get grumpy when you are hungry!

Honored Contributor

Giggle!  

No, I'm very well satiated.  

Lots & lots of potatoes, rice & veg/fruit!

Funny you mentioned Snickers.

In the long run, there's a pinch more nutrition & benefit out of a Snickers than MedMushroom.   

Honored Contributor

That line is from a snickers commercial portraying the Brady Bunch...with Marsha....

anyways, we differ in our beliefs but that is OK with me!  Hope you have a great day! I am off to the Dentist Smiley Sad cleaning and such.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just heard about this last week and supposedly Jennifer Aniston has ordered the book herself.  She did the whole Kale thing for quite awhile.  Not sure how tacos can cleanse up you if Mexican food is a way of life here in Texas.  Mushrooms just do sound appealing.

The Taco Cleanse: The Tortilla-Based Diet Proven to Change Your Life

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I just heard about this last week and supposedly Jennifer Aniston has ordered the book herself.  She did the whole Kale thing for quite awhile.  Not sure how tacos can cleanse up you if Mexican food is a way of life here in Texas.  Mushrooms just do sound appealing.

The Taco Cleanse: The Tortilla-Based Diet Proven to Change Your Life

I am waiting for the Pizza cleanse!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the link.  Medicinal mushrooms, as the article brings out, are not edible in their natural form.  They grown on trees and are hard and need to be powdered to consume them.  They've been around for centuries for medicinal purposes.  I take the Chaga and Reishi, have been since breast cancer, chemo and radiation.  They are even listed on well known cancer center websites.  I put them in my coffee or add them to vanilla yogurt.  I know I feel a whole lot better when I take them.

By the way, I wouldn't eat a soft dirt grown mushroom if you paid me - yuk!!!  I even pick them out of cream of mushroom soup!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, I've heard great things about medicinal mushrooms.  A Vitamin Shoppe employee told me that cancer patients buy AHCC vitamins which are a mix of several mushroom more than any other vitamin or supplement.

As for kale, I'm not sure kale is good if you have thyroid issues.  (as I do).

Who knows.

Super Contributor

******take mushrooms are the only food that has vitamin D3 so add those in your omelets and stir-fry  (Says Andrew Weil)