Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are E-cigarettes harmful?

They contain nicotine and only the person using them, is getting the nicotine. They also emit a "vapor" that is odorless, so I don't know why they would be dangerous to people around the "smoker'..... They are allowed in places where cigarettes are not, in some places.

They are becoming more popular from what I'm reading and hearing on TV......

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't read the responses, but did hear an item on the radio news earlier this week regarding emergency room admissions due to nicotine poisoning/overdoses from e-cigarettes. They're on the rise.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/10/2014 dooBdoo said:

Congratulations, nantucket shores! Good for you. Yes, they are dangerous to those who smoke them and those who share the second-hand smoke, too. They're also unregulated so who knows what goes into each one, or each brand.

I saw several headlines not long ago about the terrible dangers to children and pets. Here's one article:

https://www.indypress.org/news-press/electronic-cigarettes-deadly-for-pets.html

Hi dooBdoo,

Hope you're doing better. Continue to pray for you daily. ~Rebecca

Honored Contributor

On 4/10/2014 stilltamn8r said:

Yes, they have a cartridge that contains nicotine

The City of Albuquerque has banned the sale of these to kids under 18, because they lead to nicotine addiction. Can you believe that stupid Jenny McCarthy, who pretends to be a child advocate, advertises these on TV?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Stilltamn8BR said

Yes, they have a cartridge that contains nicotine

I am a former smoker 12 years now and I do not believe in e-cigarettes but for some folks it offers them a way to give up actual cigarettes. Nicotine is not the problem. It is the addicter = just like caffeine is an addiction for some. The problem with real cigarettes is the heat and the harmful thousands of toxic chemicals they add to the tobacco.

Contributor

Not all e-cig liquids contain nicotine.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes!!!!

I really believe E-cigs is a fad, it was invented to grab a piece of the market and fill a niche since smoking is illegal in public places in most states. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone from the gov't is profiting off of these since 1) no secret as to all the harmful chemicals in real cigs and no one is stopping those from being sold 2) next the gov't ban smoking in public places 3) a new device just happens to be invented that solves the issue of the real being banned..........hummmm now who's making the money.

I never tried them, I used the real one's and just quit and never looked back.

To the OP...why are you asking? for you or someone else...it's OK, you can tell us.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why they call them ""E cigs"".

Contributor

On 4/10/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I don't understand why they call them ""E cigs"".

The E is for electronic since you charge the batteries electrically.

Regular Contributor

I have found e-cigs to be a god-send. I smoked for 50 years, switched to e-cigs and never looked back.